Our Lady Of Lourdes School
- Our Lady of Lourdes School is located in Porcupine, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- We are a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school with about 150 students.
- We are a part of the Red Cloud Indian School System, and have served the Lakota people in Porcupine since 1931.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School provides a comprehensive, challenging, and relevant curriculum for each student that fulfills our mission and philosophy.
- Our curriculum enables students to effectively progress in their academic potential, to achieve Red Cloud's curriculum standards, and to be prepared for success at the high school level.
- The mission of our Lady of Lourdes School is to provide an excellent holistic education in partnership with the parents and community according to Christian and Lakota values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.