Our Lady Of Lourdes School
- Our Lady of Lourdes School is located in Porcupine, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- We are a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school with about 150 students.
- We are a part of the Red Cloud Indian School System, and have served the Lakota people in Porcupine since 1931.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School provides a comprehensive, challenging, and relevant curriculum for each student that fulfills our mission and philosophy.
- Our curriculum enables students to effectively progress in their academic potential, to achieve Red Cloud's curriculum standards, and to be prepared for success at the high school level.
- The mission of our Lady of Lourdes School is to provide an excellent holistic education in partnership with the parents and community according to Christian and Lakota values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.