Our Lady Of Lourdes School
- Our Lady of Lourdes School is located in Porcupine, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- We are a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school with about 150 students.
- We are a part of the Red Cloud Indian School System, and have served the Lakota people in Porcupine since 1931.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School provides a comprehensive, challenging, and relevant curriculum for each student that fulfills our mission and philosophy.
- Our curriculum enables students to effectively progress in their academic potential, to achieve Red Cloud's curriculum standards, and to be prepared for success at the high school level.
- The mission of our Lady of Lourdes School is to provide an excellent holistic education in partnership with the parents and community according to Christian and Lakota values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.