Our Lady Of Mt Carmel School
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School seeks to serve the needs of the children of the parish and surrounding area.
- In keeping with the directives of the Second Vatican Council and the philosophy of St. John Bosco, patron of education and friend of youth, through environment instruction, we strive for the integral Christian Formation of the young, encouraging them to be responsible and committed members of the faith community, concerned with the advancement of all, according to God's plan.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School restates its open admission policy: no person, on the grounds of creed, race, color or national origin is discriminated against in admission or in receiving services in our school, nor do we hire or assign staff on the basis of race, color or national origin.
- A Catholic school education is the starting point on the path to a lifetime of accomplishment for your child.
- It is a sound investment in a valuable education, and an education in values.
- Catholic education is predicated on the premise that the education of a child is a partnership.
- Parents are welcomed and urged to become involved in their child's education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Stroudsburg Grades: PK-6 | 186 students
78 Ridgeway St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
(570) 421-3651 8.5 PK-6
- Pen Argyl Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
290 W Babbitt Ave
Pen Argyl, PA 18072
(610) 863-4816 2.2 PK-8
- Phillipsburg Grades: NS-8 | 258 students
137 Roseberry St
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
(908) 859-1244 12 NS-8
I love this school. My children are thriving. Teachers are a great mix of new teachers with fresh ideas and seasoned vets who live to teach. Spanish, computer, art, & music are part of the curriculum. After school clubs like science, newspaper, recorder and math are offered. Spiritually, the children are nurtured including mass weekly. When you are part of this little school, you are no doubt family. You feel it when you walk in the doors. Class sizes are perfect for personalized attention. Can't say enough about this school really.
- Posted by Parent - irish
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?