Our Montessori School
- Our Montessori School at Yorktown and Carmel has been offering quality care and education since 1972.
- We provide programs for infants, toddlers, nursery and kindergarden-age children as well as an elementary school that goes through the sixth grade.
- Our child-to-teacher ratio is excellent and averages six to one.
- Classes use the Montessori learning materials, which are designed to teach concepts in a concrete way, then help the child make the leap from the concrete to the abstract.
- Our primary aim is to preserve the child's natural curiosity and nourish and encourage the love of learning that is present in each child.
- Children learn respect for each other and the environment and develop confidence and a "can-do" attitude through many small successes.
- In addition to 'the basics" we feature a variety of special subjects, including instrumental and choral music, dance, art, computers, drama, French, physical education and chess.
- Always, we emphasize a hands-on, learning by doing approach as we strive toward excellence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HawthorneGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
White PlainsGrades: 1-9 | 525 students
13 Windward Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
ChappaquaGrades: PK-K | 229 students
160 Hunts Ln
Chappaqua, NY 10514
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?