Palmetto Montessori School
- Palmetto Montessori programs are designed to give children, 6 weeks through 6th grade, the opportunity to learn, play, share, and grow in an environment designed just for them.
- The rooms are not classrooms in the academic sense but 'a special place' containing a wide variety of learning experiences that will nurture physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- Our philosophy of education is based on each child's developmental needs and uniqueness.
- This special approach enables each child to become empowered as (s)he develops a positive self-concept and attitude.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is by classroom and if academic day or extended care is needed.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, GymnasticsDance, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Martial Arts Martial Arts,|
- At Palmetto Montessori School our program focuses on each child and their individual rate of development and diversity of interests. We provide quality materials and activities for every child, at every stage of their development from 6 weeks old through 6th grade. Palmetto Montessori takes great pride in maintaining a quality teaching staff that surrounds each child with love and understanding. For them teaching is not just a job, it's their mission. Our facility has been carefully designed to accommodate the complete needs of children. You can be confident that your child is safe and secure in a setting geared to enhance learning. Our large playground includes natural areas, a sports field, and children's gardens and is part of our 5 acre campus. At Palmetto Montessori School we want to be a team with you as parents. Every child and their family becomes a part of the Palmetto Montessori experience'.a loving and caring community meeting the needs of parents who want only the best. The Montessori philosophy of respect for the child as an individual is lived and exemplified by deed, word, and thought. The success of our program depends upon the consistent application of that philosophy. The feeling of family, with a nurturing, supportive partnership between home and school, further enhances the child's love of school, teachers and friends. Our teachers hold bachelors and master degrees and are Montessori trained and certified. As important, beyond all else, they have a true and unconditional love of children. They fill their environment with beautiful materials. They respect the child's individuality and help them become independent while guiding them towards challenging work so that the child is always working according to their skills and readiness. The school supports the staff to allow them to make this a career, so we have little turn-over of staff.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WinnsboroGrades: PK-12 | 266 students
Po Box 390
Winnsboro, SC 29180
- ColumbiaGrades: K | 99 students
1301 Summit Pkwy
Columbia, SC 29229
- ElginGrades: 1-12 | 26 students
P O Box 100
Elgin, SC 29045
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-12 | 760 students
7401 Monticello Road
Columbia, SC 29203
- ColumbiaGrades: NS-2 | 151 students
10014b Two Notch Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.