Palmetto Montessori School
- Palmetto Montessori programs are designed to give children, 6 weeks through 6th grade, the opportunity to learn, play, share, and grow in an environment designed just for them.
- The rooms are not classrooms in the academic sense but 'a special place' containing a wide variety of learning experiences that will nurture physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
- Our philosophy of education is based on each child's developmental needs and uniqueness.
- This special approach enables each child to become empowered as (s)he develops a positive self-concept and attitude.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is by classroom and if academic day or extended care is needed.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, GymnasticsDance, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- At Palmetto Montessori School our program focuses on each child and their individual rate of development and diversity of interests. We provide quality materials and activities for every child, at every stage of their development from 6 weeks old through 6th grade. Palmetto Montessori takes great pride in maintaining a quality teaching staff that surrounds each child with love and understanding. For them teaching is not just a job, it's their mission. Our facility has been carefully designed to accommodate the complete needs of children. You can be confident that your child is safe and secure in a setting geared to enhance learning. Our large playground includes natural areas, a sports field, and children's gardens and is part of our 5 acre campus. At Palmetto Montessori School we want to be a team with you as parents. Every child and their family becomes a part of the Palmetto Montessori experience'.a loving and caring community meeting the needs of parents who want only the best. The Montessori philosophy of respect for the child as an individual is lived and exemplified by deed, word, and thought. The success of our program depends upon the consistent application of that philosophy. The feeling of family, with a nurturing, supportive partnership between home and school, further enhances the child's love of school, teachers and friends. Our teachers hold bachelors and master degrees and are Montessori trained and certified. As important, beyond all else, they have a true and unconditional love of children. They fill their environment with beautiful materials. They respect the child's individuality and help them become independent while guiding them towards challenging work so that the child is always working according to their skills and readiness. The school supports the staff to allow them to make this a career, so we have little turn-over of staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bluffton Grades: NS-6 | 171 students
7014, 60 Calhoun St
Bluffton, SC 29910
(843)757-2312 142.1 NS-6
- Hilton Head Island Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
9 Foxgrape Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
(843)785-2534 149.2 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.