Parkview Baptist School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Parkview Baptist School received full accreditation on December 10, 1987, from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). SACS accreditation was renewed in April of 2005, and again in April of 2011.
- Our school is also fully certified by the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education as an approved Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 education program.
- In 1990 the Immigration and Naturalization Service approved Parkview Baptist School to receive foreign students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language Based|
|Total Students||1274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||104 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Governement, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English, AP Psychology, AP US History, AP World History, Art AP, Dual Enrollment Business Calculus, Dual Enrollment English,|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Navy bottoms (boys) or Plaid (girls) with White or Red Tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Differs by division|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Choir, Drama, Latin Club, Robotics, Swing Dancing Beta Club, Choir, Drama, Latin Club, Robotics, Swing Dancing,|
- The mission of Parkview Baptist School, in partnership with the church and community, is to seek first the Kingdom of God while providing students with a college-preparatory, Christ-centered education that allows them to grow and mature in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man.
- Parkview Baptist School seeks to provide the opportunity for each student to grow in understanding God and man and to develop his capabilities to the highest degree in order that he may become mature and complete and live life to its fullest in Christ. Parkview`s comprehensive college-preparatory program is designed to develop skills and attitudes within its students that will well equip them not only for college, but also for a successful life based on Christian principles. Students receive a balanced program providing them with strong spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development. Parkview Baptist School maintains a Christian faculty, staff, and administration dedicated to developing the individual potential of all students in keeping with the philosophy of the school.
- Parkview Baptist School received full accreditation on December 10, 1987, from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). SACS accreditation was renewed in April of 2005 and again in April of 2011. It is also fully certified by the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education as an approved kindergarten through grade 12 education program. In 1990 the Immigration and Naturalization Service approved Parkview Baptist School to receive foreign students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 623 students
2037 Quail Dr
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-8 | 566 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 943 students
3200 Woodland Ridge Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 735 students
11111 Roy Emerson Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 201 students
2791 Oneal Ln
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
5 out of 5 stars! The administration is personal, respectful and professional! My daughters teachers have been knowledgable, creative, approachable, respectful, and seem honestly invested in her sucess( not just academically, but in character development too). I wish she had started here earlier. Worth every dime!
- Posted by Parent - Lpdix
I could not be happier with Parkview Baptist for my three children. We have been affiliated with a number of private schools in different areas of the country, and Parkview is the best. Their attention to detail, emphasis on a Christ-centered education, and a true interest in my children's well being in all areas.
- Posted by Parent - court
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.