Peach Tree Montessori International
- Peach Tree is a developmental program for children from 8 weeks to 6 years.
- It provides infant/toddler care, pre-school, kindergarten, day care, and a summer day camp.
- The setting is a refurbished house, with a backyard playground, small class groups, and a low child/teacher ratio.
- Peach Tree's educational philosophy encompasses both Montessori's and Piaget's theories of early childhood development.
- At Peach Tree we pride ourselves on our continuity of care and on the low turnover rate of both our staff and our children.
- One of the ways we achieve this is by giving families all the information they need before they leave their children in our care.
- Montessori's early childhood approach is based on her conception of the "absorbent mind," which from 0-3 years of age operates in an unconscious manner and from 3-6 years of age is developed with the child's growing awareness and active participation.
- The years from 3-6 are one phase of growth, with physical, intellectual, and psychological characteristics common to that whole period.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017