- Peach Tree is a developmental program for children from 8 weeks to 6 years.
- It provides infant/toddler care, pre-school, kindergarten, day care, and a summer day camp.
- The setting is a refurbished house, with a backyard playground, small class groups, and a low child/teacher ratio.
- Peach Tree's educational philosophy encompasses both Montessori's and Piaget's theories of early childhood development.
- At Peach Tree we pride ourselves on our continuity of care and on the low turnover rate of both our staff and our children.
- One of the ways we achieve this is by giving families all the information they need before they leave their children in our care.
- Montessori's early childhood approach is based on her conception of the "absorbent mind," which from 0-3 years of age operates in an unconscious manner and from 3-6 years of age is developed with the child's growing awareness and active participation.
- The years from 3-6 are one phase of growth, with physical, intellectual, and psychological characteristics common to that whole period.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.