- Top Ranked SC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 705 students
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Casual; Dress Day every Wednesday)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Beta Club, Chess Team, Cyber-Defense Team, Dance Team, Diversity Club, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Future Physicians Club, Interact Club, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Model United Nations, Pep Club, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, Recycling Club, Robotics Team, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Wilderness Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Handbells, Improv Comedy Club, Pep Band
- Pinewood Preparatory School is an independent, college preparatory school located in beautiful Summerville, S.C., a short drive from historic Charleston. Pinewood is dedicated to giving students in three-year-old preschool through 12th grade a foundation for success in all aspects of life. Pinewood places strong emphasis on educating, inspiring, and motivating students as they guide them toward leadership and achievement. Within a family-like atmosphere, the focus is on developing well-rounded students with rigorous academics, small class sizes, competitive athletics, and diverse extra-curricular and fine arts programs.
- Pinewood Preparatory School`s 43-acre campus is 30 minutes from downtown Charleston. Facilities include 56 classrooms, a college style lecture hall, six science laboratories, computer, media, and student centers, gymnasiums, an auditorium, and athletic fields. The school offers a diverse and challenging curriculum that includes fifteen Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Students exhibit increasingly competitive scores on the SAT and have a high (80 percent) passing rate on AP exams.
- In keeping with a mission of developing well-rounded students, Pinewood Preparatory offers over sixty-five organizations representing a wide range of academic, athletic, fine arts, and extra curricular programs. Ninety percent of graduates participate in at least one extra-curricular activity, and nearly seventy-five percent participate in at least one athletic endeavor. With ninety-seven percent of graduating seniors typically enrolling in four-year colleges, Pinewood Preparatory students have a notable acceptance rate at some of the nation`s most prestigious and competitive universities and colleges. Over thirty percent tend to go out-of-state to college, and students regularly enroll in South Carolina`s most competitive public and private colleges, with many attending honors programs.
- The faculty at Pinewood Preparatory School demonstrates academic strength, with fifty-four percent holding advanced degrees and an average of fifteen years teaching. Pinewood Preparatory has a current enrollment of approximately 750 students from Dorchester, Berkeley, Charleston and Colleton counties. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools. Pinewood Preparatory is also a member in the National Association of Independent Schools, the South Carolina Independent School Association, and the Palmetto Association of IndependentSchools.
Endorse Pinewood Prep. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards