Pius X High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Pius X Junior/Senior High School, a regional college preparatory school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Allentown, PA exists to educate young men and women to grow in faith, excel in academics and mature in self-discipline.
- Building on the strengths, talents and resources of teachers and community, students are challenged to develop holistically in a learning environment that is safe and rooted in Gospel values.
- Students are encouraged to strive for personal excellence and responsible citizenship and "renew all things in Christ.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
- Pius X Junior/Senior High School, located in Pennsylvania's scenic Slate Belt, boasts a 50+ year tradition of excellence in the Diocese of Allentown. It offers a creative alternative to over-crowded public schools.
- Students enjoy a unique education that features faith first, with academics and discipline as partners in a well-rounded tract, that includes a variety of co-curricular activities.
- Pius X High School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Profile last updated: 03/07/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TamaquaGrades: 9-12 | 324 students
166 Marian Ave
Tamaqua, PA 18252
- BethlehemGrades: 9-12 | 710 students
2133 Madison Ave
Bethlehem, PA 18017
- Pen ArgylGrades: PK-8 | 189 students
Babbitt And Heller Aves
Pen Argyl, PA 18072
- BethlehemGrades: 9-12 | 407 students
4313 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18020
- BangorGrades: K-6 | 152 students
80 Ridge St
Bangor, PA 18013
I wouldn't think of sending my children to any other school. Pius is a very unique small Catholic school that offers great academics, small class sizes, and a family friendly environment. The faculty is always available to assist students after school if they need any extra help. Pius also provides a safe environment for students to practice their faith. Students attend Mass regularly and are able to use our school chapel if needed. There is a Priest on staff who offers his time to the children. There are also many clubs, sports, and activities for students to be a part of. Football, basketball, forensics club, student senate, drama club, music, photography, just to name a few. If you are looking for a change, I highly recommend checking out Pius X High School. It is a great school!
- Posted by Parent - jwinc
Great family atmosphere with top notch educational opportunities. My children have thrived in this environment. The new principal has the right priorities : education, spirituality, community and sports. Great approach to a well rounded student in a family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - wasnt
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.