Prologue Early College
- Prologue Alternative High School takes pride in its academic excellence.
- With interactive, collaborative, and innovative curriculum, the best educators, and excellent resources, students at Prologue Alternative High School are guaranteed the opportunity to learn and excel to their maximum potential.
- By adhering to this teaching practice, and class schedule, individual assessments in each core area of study are continually evaluated so that deficiencies can be corrected immediately.
- Because of our small class size, and the individual attention given to each student, this form of concentrated instruction prepares students to do well in college and in the work force.
- We strongly encourage each student to undertake the most rigorous social and academic discipline so as to be successful.
- The philosophy of the school tends to involve special teachers and professionals who are dedicated to young people and willing to go beyond the call of duty.
- The family concept at prologue actually involves students in designing weekly schedule of the school and activities of interest to them.
- The teacher is considered a counselor and administrator just as students are expected to participate in the evaluation process of their academic work.
- Teachers have been advocates for students in court and helping them to even help their families.
- Our schools curriculum is influenced by many things including the following: the social forces of the day, strong commitment to social justice, and understanding of the relationship between education, self assertiveness, sense of freedom, and the meaning of authentic human being.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 194 students
4651 W. Madison
Chicago, IL 60644
(773)921-1315 4.3 9-12
- Chicago Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
2001 S. California Ave
Chicago, IL 60608
(773)648-2130 3.8 9-12
I attended Prologue in 1975 and graduated in 1978 the staff were wonderful not only a teacher, counselor and friend we all were like family. After graduating I went back in 1979 to work as the administrative Secretary for 3 years one staff member is my son's godmother, and I keep in touch with many staff and students we are all friends on Facebook I have attended staff funerals, weddings, family gatherings still to this day.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mommi