Purple Lotus School
- Purple Lotus School (PLS) is a non-profit private Buddhist school dedicated to educating its students on healthy living and teaching the ways of Tibetan Buddhism to its community and students.
- Located in the heart of Union City, California, PLS strives to use education as a vehicle for enlightened living; students are challenged to think mindfully and they often reflect on life’s obstacles in an effort to build character.
- Through Vajrayana Tibetan Buddhism, our school emphasizes an environment that promotes the belief that happiness and peace is not an attainable goal, but rather existent as it is.
- Enlightened living mentioned above is to realize that we have control of our own lives, whether it is our physical, spiritual, or mental state.The vision for Purple Lotus School is for students to take their education and skills from school and be able to apply it to not just their own lives, but in their interaction with the world around them.
- May there be peace for you and all those around you. Om Ma Ni Padmi Hom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fremont Grades: NS-12 | 685 students
4760 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
(510)744-2241 3.4 NS-12
- Union City Grades: NS-8 | 133 students
678 B St
Union City, CA 94587
(510)471-3765 0.4 NS-8
- Fremont Grades: K-8 | 314 students
3930 Parish Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
(510)793-3553 3.1 K-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.