- Pyramid Autism Center is a California Department of Education State Certified Non-public, Non-profit School founded in 1998 dedicated to serve the needs of children and families touched by autism through the design and delivery of innovative education and support.
- Our target population is comprised of 5-22 years old with a primary diagnosis of Autism.
- Pyramid Autism Center utilizes the Pyramid Approach to Education developed by Dr. Andrew Bondy, a world-renowned leader in autism education and research.
- Our emphasis is upon creating functional activities that stress the use of powerful and on-going reinforcement systems while assuring children can effectively communicate and understand what we expect of them.
- When such systems are in place, issues associated with behavior management can be effectively addressed.
- Our view also reflects that the key to long-term behavior management change is the development of alternative skills that serve the child's needs. www.facebook.com/pyramidautismcenter.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other special emphasis association(s)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,500|
|Tuition Notes||$225/per diem 180 Days - Regular School Year 40 Days - Extended/Summer School|
|Admissions Director||Stacey Kochanowski, M.Ed.|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley Silveira|
- Our teachers are highly qualified California State Certified Education Specialists trained to educate individuals with Moderate-to-Severe Disabilities. All staff members are trained in contemporary Applied Behavior Analysis procedures, the Pyramid Approach to Education, and the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). Pyramid Autism Center is a year round day school operating for 180 regular days and 40 extended (summer) days. Overall, Pyramid Autism Center consists of teaching skills that are functional or useful in one or more life domains across educational, community and home environments. Those domains might include Domestic Skills (toilet training, personal hygiene, meal preparation), Functional Academics (use of money in the community, reading functional words/phrases), Community Skills (shopping from a visual list, staying w/the group, safety/sign awareness), Communication Skills (PECS, requesting wants & needs, asking for help), Social Skills (staff/peer greetings, requesting from peers, participating in group games/activities), Gross Motor Skills (engaging in structured outdoor activities, riding a bicycle, walking on a treadmill), Recreation/Leisure Skills (increasing time on task, expanding on student's interests and activities, self-monitoring with timer/clock), Vocational Skills (Off-site Work/Training, housekeeping, skill fluency & rate of production, volunteering), and Behavior Skills (decreasing inappropriate behaviors, increasing functionally equivalent alternative responses, teaching alternative communication strategies).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorwalkGrades: PK-12 | 156 students
11364 Imperial Hwy
Norwalk, CA 90650
AnaheimGrades: K-12 | 23 students
1011 N Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92801
Huntington BeachGrades: NS-12 | 278 students
14401 Willow Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
CoronaGrades: K-12 | 96 students
1811 South Lincoln Avenue
Corona, CA 92882
Long BeachGrades: PK-12 | 172 students
3332 Magnolia Ave
Long Beach, CA 90806
Pyramid Autism Center is a wonderful school.The staff is great working with students.My student looks forward everyday to going to school and has made grealots of progress.So thankful for everything pyramid has done for my child an
- Posted by Parent - sshhe
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.