- Quanah's Academy started as a 1995 dream of my daughter, Quanah, an Electrical Engineering junior at Prairie View A&M and of myself.
- Quanah was killed in a car accident in Prairie View the next year.
- Our desire was to promote positive mindsets, instill Christian values, develop self-reliance, and encourage academic excellence! Our teachers hold bachelor and higher degrees and our school is licensed by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Quanah's Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarships, or any other school-administered programs.
- The school's mission is to educate and nurture children to become Christ-centered, life-long learners.
- We also want to provide remedial education to help a child overcome "learning gaps".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garland Grades: K-12 | 312 students
1516 Lavon Drive
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 487-0043 3 K-12
- Garland Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
214 S Garland Ave
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 272-6533 3.9 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.