Reach Beyond Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (407) 640-5371
- A modern, private, school for learners with specific learning disabilities or mild intellectual disabilities located in beautiful Central Florida
- Mission: To enable children with specific learning disabilities and/or mild intellectual disabilities to achieve their full potential through a comprehensive approach to learning that combines direct instruction, remediation, evidence-based practices, and modern technology.
- Vision: A comprehensive, evidence-based approach to teaching children with specific learning disabilities and/or mild intellectual disabilities will enable them to reach beyond their perceived limits.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Language -based learning disabilities, Mild intellectual disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$500 for 4-week summer camp for current students. $700 for non RBA students.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,500|
|Tuition Notes||1st-12th Grade Standard Diploma Track: $15,5001st-12th Grade Functional Skills Track: $20,000Registration Fee: $250 Materials / Activities Fee: $300|
|Admissions Director||Ahmad Abualsamid|
- Students diagnosed with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, auditory processing disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, mild speech and language impairments, and related academic learning disabilities benefit greatly from a specially selected and designed curriculum which allows them to become successful learners.
- A Student Education Plan (SEP) is developed for each student based on his/her academic and intellectual assessments.
- Student to teacher ratio is 10:1 or less
- Grade level and/or remedial instructional programs and direct instruction are components of the students core instruction.
- McKay Scholarship and Gardiner Scholarship (perviously known as the Personal Learning Scholarship Account) funds are accepted.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oviedo Grades: K-12 | 59 students
848 Executive Dr
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407) 678-8889 5.5 K-12
- Winter Park Grades: PK-12 | 429 students
4800 Howell Branch Road
Winter Park, FL 32792
(407) 645-2343 5.2 PK-12
My son went here for one year the amount of progress he showed was amazing. This is the best school for any student with any kind of language disability. Great teachers and administration. My son made great friends and had no issues at this school, I would highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - sunan
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?