Red Cloud High School
- "The Red Cloud Indian Schools provides a quality education from kindergarten through high school to the Native American children on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
- The educational process at Red Cloud Indian School attempts to give Lakota students the skills they need to compete in the larger society while retaining the traditional values and culture of the Lakota heritage.
- Course work includes a basic educational curriculum as well as courses in ethics, religion, Lakota culture, Lakota religion, and Lakota language.
- The Red Cloud Indian School, Inc, is a non-profit corporation operating as an accredited private school and organized under the laws of the state of South Dakota.
- Private donations support 97 percent of Red Cloud Indian School.
- We receive no Federal, State, or Tribal funds. The mission of Red Cloud Indian School - Holy Rosary Mission, a Catholic Institution administered by the Jesuits and the Lakota People, is to develop and grow as a vibrant Church, through an education of the mind and spirit that promotes Lakota and Catholic values.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school and elementary school to Red Cloud High School is Red Cloud Indian School (4.0 miles away)
- The nearest preschool is Chadron State College Child Development Center Lab (26.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Porcupine Grades: K-8 | 146 students
500 Lourdes Lane
Porcupine, SD 57772
(605)867-2801 18.8 K-8
- Chadron Grades: 1-7 | 9 students
602 Bordeaux St
Chadron, NE 69337
(308)432-4228 26.4 1-7
- Chadron Grades: PK-K | 36 students
1000 Main St - Burkhiser Technology Comp
Chadron, NE 69337
(308)432-6372 26.6 PK-K
- Chadron Grades: 3-7 | 5 students
5240 Highway 20
Chadron, NE 69337 32.7 3-7
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.