Redeemer Baptist Elementary
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Redeemer Baptist Elementary School is a private christian school in West Los Angeles that promotes successful academic achievement for enrolled students in grades TK-7.
- The most progressive curriculum is available to meet individual student needs, all in a safe and loving environment.
- We desire to educate the whole child academically, socially and spiritually.
- We view our students as unique, capable and valuable individuals with great potentials who can accomplish great things.
- As educators, we choose to create an environment that personifies Christ's love through the teaching of God's word and our personal commitment to Christ, we aspire to empower our students to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, while we encourage our students to strive for academic excellence.
- Our mission is to educate students from a Biblical perspective and to prepare them to influence culture and society for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$590|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Brandy Carey|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 724 students
12201 Washington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-8 | 288 students
500 West 111th Place
Los Angeles, CA 90044
- Culver CityGrades: PK-8 | 425 students
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232
- Culver CityGrades: PK-6 | 175 students
3430 McManus Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232
- Los AngelesGrades: PK-8 | 294 students
145 W 64th St
Los Angeles, CA 90003
I love redeemer! I have stayed at the school for three years! I had such great friends! And the teachers were so nice, especially Mrs. Carey!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Johnathan Heath
Everything I do is from the heart, therefore, this review comes exactly from there. In my short stay at Redeemer, I''ve seen my child grow academically, challenged physically, stimulated mentally & develop morals and values that are straight from the bible. This is something that desperately needs to be present in schools again. Redeemer has it! Redeemer is nestled in a great community that supports the school, students & parents. The technology department has grown tremendously & parent participation is awesome. The school regularly attends field trips that are fun yet educational. They also have enriched programs that help expand your child's interests. Anytime I've felt as though my child wasn't being challenged academically, the teachers have gladly provided more work, and, made suggestions that allowed us to work together, helping strengthen my child's academic progress. I love the heart & soul of the Redeemer (aka Mrs. Carey). My child isn't just a number, but a family member. They will always be there for your child, assuring safety. Educating our children is a parent, teacher collaboration and I can't think of a better school to partner with.
- Posted by Parent - ycdfo
I am 52 but what I remember about redeemer school I loved it! I remember Mr Eckhart and mrs Echart my art teacher, Miss ohmi , Forgive me for spelling been a few years I went kindergarten through sixth grade and loved it.. I think of the bible daily and has made an impact on my life! Thank from the bottom of my heart! How can I find out about a reunion? Teresa Bieger ( Rose)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Groov
I honestly cannot say enough GOOD things about Redeemer! My daughter is in the 5th grade and has been attending since the 2nd grade. Once again, I could spend the ENTIRE day raving about how wonderful the school is. In short, the teachers are WONDERFUL, AMAZING and HEAVEN sent. The teachers are TRULY passionate about their kids and it clearly shows in our children. You can clearly see and tell that the teachers are there because they have a passion for what they are doing - not for a paycheck. My daughter has been on honor roll (and high honor roll) for 2 years and I attribute a lot of that to the teachers. They make learning fun, yet they are stern in their teaching and their teaching and study habits. All of the teachers just just the right balance of fun and know how to balance being stern. My daughter doesn't want to miss a SINGLE day of school - EVER - even when there are holidays. Redeemer is God sent........and everything this other poster hold true - - YEARS after he attended (since 1980) - so that tells you the school is GREAT! Basically, they had a great education curriculum, small class sizes, pretty good teachers (when I was there), not a heavy handed religious instruction, and most importantly affordable after school child care. In terms of religious instruction, I came out alright...I am not a devout parishioner by any means, but I think some moral instruction is never a bad thing.
- Posted by Parent - angel
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.