Regina Catholic Elementary School
Tel: (319) 337-5739
Regina Elementary is proud to be an extension of our four Iowa City Catholic parishes: Saint Mary, Saint Patrick, Saint Thomas More, and Saint Wenceslaus.
We deliver a distinctive Catholic educational experience for children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Our current enrollment is just over 430 students, and we offer three sections of instruction at most grade levels.
Our faculty and staff are passionate about teaching and working in a Catholic environment.
Please visit our to find our website to find out more about Regina and our commitment to providing the best Catholic education for our students and families.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(We have a uniform policy that requires polos or dress shirts with Regina logos and shorts, pants, skorts, and jumpers.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,100|
|Tuition Notes||This is the parish rate for all active parish members of the Iowa City area Catholic Parishes|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tim Foley|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- We appreciate your interest in Regina Elementary and are always happy to welcome new families to our school. The atmosphere of faith and community that permeates our building inspires spiritual, intellectual, social, and emotional growth in our students. We encourage you to schedule a tour so you can see the Regina difference for yourself. To arrange a visit please contact Pam Schowalter, Director of Admissions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 319-499-9006.
- We welcome all learners who desire a top-notch education regardless of religion, ethnicity, or financial circumstances. As educators, we focus on developing the entire student and interweaving our Catholic faith into our daily environment. We challenge our students to develop their known talents, find new talents, and learn about and appreciate the talents of those around them. Our skilled and well-trained faculty and staff are dedicated to helping each student achieve success. We strive to give each child the tools necessary to be life-long learners, and to develop themselves faithfully, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. Regina Elementary is accredited by the State of Iowa, and all of our teachers are licensed by the State of Iowa.
- Regina Elementary is one part of a much larger Catholic community. We are led and supported by the four Catholic parishes of Iowa City: St. Mary, St. Patrick, St. Thomas More, and St. Wenceslaus. We share a building and work closely with Regina Junior and Senior High School and the Regina Pre-school.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Regina Catholic Elementary School is Regina Catholic Education Center (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Iowa City Grades: PK-12 | 934 students
2150 Rochester Ave
Iowa City, IA 52245
(319) 338-5436 0.1 PK-12
- Coralville Grades: K-8 | 31 students
1250 12th Avenue
Coralville, IA 52241
(319) 339-0998 4.3 K-8
- North Liberty Grades: PK-8 | 188 students
255 Hackberry St
North Liberty, IA 52317
(319) 626-4777 6.9 PK-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.