RiverRun Community Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- RiverRun Community Montessori is a non-public elementary school that follows the educational philosophies and methods of Maria Montessori.
- Our school implements a whole-child approach that considers the intellectual, physical, creative, and spiritual dimensions of each student; and provides an individualized educational experience.
- We are conveniently located on Troy-Schenectady Road in Niskayuna and are one of the most affordable non-public schools in the capital region.
- Our strong retention rate speaks clearly to the exceptional nature of our program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,015|
|Tuition Notes||10% discount for 2nd child 25% discount for 3+ child Before-care - $5/day limited needs-based scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Hanson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ScotiaGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
36-38 Sacandaga Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
SchenectadyGrades: K-6 | 285 students
1801 Union St
Schenectady, NY 12309
SchenectadyGrades: NS-9 | 193 students
150 Corlaer Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12304
SchenectadyGrades: PK-5 | 296 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 335 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
Two of my children are at RiverRun (first year for one and third year for the other) and I cannot imagine them anywhere else. The oldest says he wants to stay there until college - LOL. The teachers, Amy and Debbie, are amazing educators, directresses of the Montessori philosophy, and human beings. The children are engaged and inspired, and they regularly practice practical life skills (cooking, taking public transportation, etc.) and philanthropy. Most families are very involved and it feels like a true community. We absolutely love it!
- Posted by Parent - teres
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017