Rocky Hill KinderCare
The teachers and staff members at Rocky Hill KinderCare are very passionate about educating and nurturing the children in their care.
The average tenure of our staff is five years and we have a number of staff members who have been here 10 years or more! Most of our teachers have a Bachelor's Degree, Child Development Associate's Credential or are currently pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education.
We strive for excellence through continuing education. All members of our team participate in biannual professional development trainings as well as monthly staff meetings to further expand their knowledge of current initiatives in the early childhood field.
Our center thrives from our teacher's dedication to and enthusiasm for educating young children.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 80 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Cromwell Avenue KinderCare in Rocky Hill. We believe in
developing the whole child by providing hands-on learning
experiences that promote social, emotional, cognitive and physical
development. Your children will not only have a safe, secure and
stimulating environment to learn in, but will have support from a
team of child development experts who have a true passion for
educating and nurturing children. With designated learning
centers such as dramatic play, blocks, and science & sensory in
every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play
and child-initiated discovery. Large and small group activities
allow our teachers to focus their attention on more individualized
instruction and skill building. You'll also find that our
classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully
selected materials, written labels, language charts and children's
literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print,
we're helping develop early literacy and writing skills. Our
expertly designed classrooms and lesson plans help to prepare your
child for success in school and beyond.
- At KinderCare, the safety of our children and the confidence of our parents is one of our top priorities. Our building is only accessible from the front door which is secured by a coded entry system where only authorized family members are given the code to enter. All other visitors will be greeted by a staff member before they are allowed access to our classrooms. Our playgrounds are enclosed within securely locked fencing to ensure security. There is a staff member certified in CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration on site at all times and we provide our teachers with certification classes as needed in accordance to state standards. Our Health and Safety Coordinator, Ms. Lisa, conducts daily playground checks to make certain our center is ready for your child to participate in our program safely. She also conducts monthly fire and disaster drills to ensure our staff and children are familiar with our emergency procedures. We also have an on call facilities technician who is available to address any issues that may arise.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- Care For Kids (CCA), DCF
Endorse Rocky Hill KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.