- The Roeper School offers a child-centered, personalized, challenging, active, empowering environment where all resources, staffing, and professional development are geared toward teaching gifted students.
- Roeper instills in its students a strong sense of self, personal and social awareness, respect for differences, need for community involvement and a strong desire to make a difference in their world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government, English, European History, Music Theory, Physics, Statistics, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 6-8: $22,200 Grades 9-12: $24,250Financial aid available - visit www.roeper.org (Lower/Middle/Upper School --> Tuition/Affordability) for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Lori Zinser|
|Admissions Associate||Elli Altman|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Anime Club, Cherry Bombs, Fun, Gay Straight Alliance, Model UN, Robotics, Russian Club, Sierra Club, Student Government, The Muse, UMOJA
Arts and Music Programs:
Roeper Theater Company
- The Roeper School offers a child centered, personalized, challenging, active, empowering environment where all resources, staffing, and professional development are geared toward teaching gifted students. Roeper instills in its students a strong sense of self, personal and social awareness, respect for differences, need for community involvement, and a strong desire to make a difference in their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pontiac Grades: NS-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248)373-5300 9 NS-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.