- The Roeper School offers a child-centered, personalized, challenging, active, empowering environment where all resources, staffing, and professional development are geared toward teaching gifted students.
- Roeper instills in its students a strong sense of self, personal and social awareness, respect for differences, need for community involvement and a strong desire to make a difference in their world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government, English, European History, Music Theory, Physics, Statistics, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 6-8: $22,200 Grades 9-12: $24,250Financial aid available - visit www.roeper.org (Lower/Middle/Upper School --> Tuition/Affordability) for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Lori Zinser|
|Admissions Associate||Elli Altman|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Anime Club, Cherry Bombs, Fun, Gay Straight Alliance, Model UN, Robotics, Russian Club, Sierra Club, Student Government, The Muse, UMOJA
Arts and Music Programs:
Roeper Theater Company
- The Roeper School offers a child centered, personalized, challenging, active, empowering environment where all resources, staffing, and professional development are geared toward teaching gifted students. Roeper instills in its students a strong sense of self, personal and social awareness, respect for differences, need for community involvement, and a strong desire to make a difference in their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pontiac Grades: NS-12 | 1053 students
1300 Giddings Road
Pontiac, MI 48340
(248)373-5300 9 NS-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.