5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (631) 907-5400
- Ross School is a co-educational boarding and day school located in East Hampton, about 2 hours east of New York City.
- The School offers a global, integrated curriculum with engaging courses in science, arts, humanities, and wellness, while offering opportunities for independent study, competitive athletics, extracurricular activities, and travel. Innovation Lab @Ross is an academy for advanced high school students who are passionate about science, mathematics, engineering, media, and technology.
- The Ross School Tennis Academy offers student-athletes an unusual and dynamic program that combines an engaging, global curriculum with the highest level of competitive tennis training available. Ross School serves over 360 students in kindergarten through grade 12, PG, and attracts a world-class faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based differences, mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Music Theory, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1575|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Navy shirt and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$44,910|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cost breakdown by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrea Chesley|
|Admissions Associate||Alyse Clark|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Surf Team, Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Environmental, Gardening, Model United Nations, Robotics, Student Government (Middle and Upper School), Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Surfing, Wellness
- Our mission is to change the way education meets the future; to foster interdisciplinary, integrated thinking and innovative leadership; to engage fully in the global community; and to facilitate lifelong learning. Ross School prepares children for meaningful lives and active participation in the global community at a time of monumental, rapid-paced change. We aim to help students understand their needs and responsibilities in this place and time, relative to the past, in order to prepare for and embrace the future.We are dedicated to providing the best possible education for our own students while exchanging information about integrated curriculum development, teaching strategies, and school organization with other schools all over the world. We are part of a growing network of students, teachers, school leaders, and mentors of all ages and backgrounds, at locations around the globe, working and learning together.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverhead Grades: 7-12 | 467 students
1225 Ostrander Ave
Riverhead, NY 11901
(631) 727-5900 22.5 7-12
- Brentwood Grades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631) 273-2406 54 K-12
- Patchogue Grades: PK-12 | 70 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631) 654-9284 40 PK-12
- Stony Brook Grades: K-12
1266 N Country Rd
Stony Brook, NY 11790
(631) 689-7660 47.1 K-12
My kids are thriving at Ross! Unfortunately, we have had to move a couple of times due to my career so my wife and I have experienced a few different schools with our children. From Connecticut to New York, Public to Private: Ross stands out by far. Amazing curriculum, beautiful place and most importantly an incredibly caring community of teachers, parents and students.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Dad
Well worth every penny. My son is on the upper campus at Ross and loves it. Amazing in all ways. Great, professional and knowledgeable staff, beautiful campus, delicious food,and challenging work, what else can you ask for in a school. I highly recommend Ross for anyone who is looking for a college like environment for their child. If you think it's not affordable look into the merit scholarships and financial aid that is offered. Well worth it!!!
- Posted by Parent - Claudia Hunt
My 2 sons are blossoming at Ross. The hands on and well crafted academic program is exceeding my expectations.. The teachers are caring, attentive and enthusiastic. The friendships they have developed are respectful and mindful and the parent body is welcoming and involved. The environment and structures are exptional.
- Posted by Parent - Jerome
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.