5.00 (3 reviews)
- Ross School is a co-educational boarding and day school located on two beautiful campuses in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, about 2 hours east of New York City.
- The School offers a global, integrated curriculum with engaging courses in science, arts, humanities, and wellness, while offering opportunities for independent study, competitive athletics, extracurricular activities, and travel. Innovation Lab @Ross is an academy for advanced high school students who are passionate about science, mathematics, engineering, media, and technology.
- The Ross School Tennis Academy offers student-athletes an unusual and dynamic program that combines an engaging, global curriculum with the highest level of competitive tennis training available. Ross School serves over 400 students in pre-nursery through grade 12, PG, and attracts a world class faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based differences, mild learning differences|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||78 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Music Theory, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1575|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Navy shirt and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,880|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cost breakdown by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jason Warnick|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Softball, Surf Team,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Environmental, Gardening, Model United Nations, Robotics, Student Government (Middle and Upper School), Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Surfing, Wellness
- Our mission is to change the way education meets the future; to foster interdisciplinary, integrated thinking and innovative leadership; to engage fully in the global community; and to facilitate lifelong learning. Ross School prepares children for meaningful lives and active participation in the global community at a time of monumental, rapid-paced change. We aim to help students understand their needs and responsibilities in this place and time, relative to the past, in order to prepare for and embrace the future.We are dedicated to providing the best possible education for our own students while exchanging information about integrated curriculum development, teaching strategies, and school organization with other schools all over the world. We are part of a growing network of students, teachers, school leaders, and mentors of all ages and backgrounds, at locations around the globe, working and learning together.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RiverheadGrades: 7-12 | 507 students
1225 Ostrander Ave
Riverhead, NY 11901
- Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
- PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
- West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
- Stony BrookGrades: K-12
1266 N Country Rd
Stony Brook, NY 11790
My kids are thriving at Ross! Unfortunately, we have had to move a couple of times due to my career so my wife and I have experienced a few different schools with our children. From Connecticut to New York, Public to Private: Ross stands out by far. Amazing curriculum, beautiful place and most importantly an incredibly caring community of teachers, parents and students.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Dad
Well worth every penny. My son is on the upper campus at Ross and loves it. Amazing in all ways. Great, professional and knowledgeable staff, beautiful campus, delicious food,and challenging work, what else can you ask for in a school. I highly recommend Ross for anyone who is looking for a college like environment for their child. If you think it's not affordable look into the merit scholarships and financial aid that is offered. Well worth it!!!
- Posted by Parent - Claudia Hunt
My 2 sons are blossoming at Ross. The hands on and well crafted academic program is exceeding my expectations.. The teachers are caring, attentive and enthusiastic. The friendships they have developed are respectful and mindful and the parent body is welcoming and involved. The environment and structures are exptional.
- Posted by Parent - Jerome
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.