Sacred Heart Academy Of Stamford
- Empowered by Gospel values and rooted in the spirit and tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Chambery, Sacred Heart Academy of Stamford is dedicated to providing a quality college preparatory education for young women.
- The Academy strives to provide a nurturing community, reflective of Christian principles, which fosters self-confidence and respect for all people.
- To accomplish this mission, Sacred Heart Academy provides an environment in which young women will receive a firm grounding in the teachings and values of the Christian faith; be challenged to realize their full intellectual potential; embrace a strong work ethic by developing accountability and a positive self-image; develop and strengthen their leadership skills and share their unique gifts and talents; engage in community service activities; learn to accept and appreciate cultural diversity; develop the moral and social skills needed to contribute to building a world of justice and peace; acquire the knowledge, insights and skills to cope with a demanding and rapidly changing society; and form strong interpersonal relationships, build memories and enjoy the rich traditions of the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Canaan Grades: 5-12 | 565 students
377 North Wilton Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
(203)801-4833 8.9 5-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.