Sacred Heart Preschool
- At Sacred Heart Preschool, we understand that children need to play, be creative and socialize with friends.
- We also understand that today children need to be well prepared for transition into elementary school.
- At Sacred Heart Preschool, our holistic education model ensures that we realize the needs of our students – we continue the legacy of the Ursuline Sisters who founded the Ursuline Campus over 130 years ago, cultivating the mind, body, spirit, confidence, self-esteem and values of each child whose life we touch.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||1/2 day, school day, and full day programs available.|
- Preschool should be fun, and at Sacred Heart Preschool it is fun. It’s fun to learn, be creative and explore new things.It’s fun to make new friends, learn respect of self and others, and become self-confident. It’s fun being in a happy and active place where your zest for learning is nurtured. It’s fun taking your first steps on the path to excellence! Our toddler program is conveniently housed in Angela Hall, which is also home to Sacred Heart School for the Arts. Rooms allow for the 1- and 2-year-old students to play, explore and learn in a setting planned with their developmental needs in mind.
- Our preschool building is housed in Salesia Hall and is designed specifically for young children, enhancing Montessori and Progressive teaching and learning philosophies. The architectural design of the modern building is environmentally friendly, using solar and geothermal energies.
- Sacred Heart Preschool is located on the beautiful park-like 48-acre Ursuline Campus in the Crescent Hill neighborhood. Both Sacred Heart Preschool buildings have fenced playground facilities with opportunities to climb, run and play in the fresh air.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: NS-K | 148 students
1011 Cherokee Road
Louisville, KY 40204
(502) 456-6991 2.5 NS-K
- Louisville Grades: NS-PK | 160 students
2401 Woodbourne Avenue
Louisville, KY 40205
(502) 451-3434 1.5 NS-PK
- Louisville Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
901 Breckenridge Ln
Louisville, KY 40207
(502) 899-1822 1.9 PK-8
- Louisville Grades: PK | 40 students
224 Woodbine St.
Louisville, KY 40208
(502) 634-2075 4.4 PK
- Louisville Grades: 9-12 | 842 students
3175 Lexington Rd
Louisville, KY 40206
(502) 897-6097 0.2 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.