Sacred Heart School
Our Peter Lynch Scholars attend a Mass and Breakfast with the Catholic Schools Foundation and the Cardinal!
- If you are looking for a school that is alive with happy, caring, friendly, intelligent children, come and visit us! If you are looking for a school that celebrates diversity and instills Christian values of inclusiveness and unity, we welcome you! Accredited and abreast of the most advanced techniques, classroom methodologies and subject matter, Sacred Heart School empowers each student to reach his/her potential by upholding academic excellence, religious formation, social consciousness, emotional growth, and physical development.
- Our classrooms resonate with creativity, acceptance and companionship. As we participate in the mission of Jesus to bring all peoples into union with God and one another we instill in our students a desire to live out our school motto: "Keep Kindness in Your Heart.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||361 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Band, Chess, Choir, CYO Basketball, Drama, Newspaper, Student Council, Yearbook Ballet, Band, Chess, Choir, CYO Basketball, Drama, Newspaper, Yearbook, Student Council,|
- Sacred Heart School is a Catholic, parish elementary school committed to equipping students to meet the academic, social and technological demands of the 21stCentury. We recognize and develop the innate God given talents of each individual student. In order to meet those demands we prepare SHS students with the resources necessary to develop the skills required to succeed and thrive in an ever-changing global and technological world. SHS creates a faith filled learning environment, where each student learns their role and the responsibilities of being a “good steward to the world and its citizens,” through service, good works and prayer. The SHS faculty and staff join with parents to assist students in developing the skills to become independent and self-sufficient adults who will succeed and contribute responsibly in a fast paced, technological and global community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West RoxburyGrades: PK-6 | 539 students
535 W Roxbury Pkwy
West Roxbury, MA 02132
- West RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
- Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 378 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- BostonGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
9 Moon St
Boston, MA 02113
- South BostonGrades: PK-6 | 295 students
866 E Broadway
South Boston, MA 02127
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.