Sacred Heart School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (617) 323-2500
- If you are looking for a school that is alive with happy, caring, friendly, intelligent children, come and visit us! If you are looking for a school that celebrates diversity and instills Christian values of inclusiveness and unity, we welcome you! Accredited and abreast of the most advanced techniques, classroom methodologies and subject matter, Sacred Heart School empowers each student to reach his/her potential by upholding academic excellence, religious formation, social consciousness, emotional growth, and physical development.
- Our classrooms resonate with creativity, acceptance and companionship. As we participate in the mission of Jesus to bring all peoples into union with God and one another we instill in our students a desire to live out our school motto: "Keep Kindness in Your Heart.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,400|
|Tuition Notes||K2-8: 7400 Preschool: 700 Bi-Weekly|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Rachael A. White|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Robotics Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Band, Choir
- Sacred Heart School is a Catholic, parish elementary school committed to equipping students to meet the academic, social and technological demands of the 21stCentury. We recognize and develop the innate God given talents of each individual student. In order to meet those demands we prepare SHS students with the resources necessary to develop the skills required to succeed and thrive in an ever-changing global and technological world. SHS creates a faith filled learning environment, where each student learns their role and the responsibilities of being a "good steward to the world and its citizens," through service, good works and prayer. The SHS faculty and staff join with parents to assist students in developing the skills to become independent and self-sufficient adults who will succeed and contribute responsibly in a fast paced, technological and global community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Roxbury Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
(617) 323-1050 1.9 PK-6
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 1020 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617) 898-1798 3 K-12
- Roslindale Grades: NS-PK | 87 students
25 Cummins Highway
Roslindale, MA 02131
(617) 323-5141 0.6 NS-PK
My son moved to Sacred Heart School for 5th grade. In just half of the year, he had achieved over a year of growth in both Reading and Math. He's engaged in lots of school activities like Robotics & Drumming. The culture has been very supportive and welcoming. In addition, the curriculum itself it cutting edge and aligned with what children need to know in today's environment with a strong focus on STEM.
- Posted by Parent - J'S mom
A great school, especially for the price. My son, and daughter are now in the 3rd and 4th grade at Sacred Heart and they are very happy. They love going to school and at home they are very thoughtful about the world around them, asking questions both about how things work and religious ones that sometimes shock me they come up with a certain question. The influence of their education is obvious to anyone who speak to them. The school keeps communication open with parents, providing back to school nights and other events to keep you in the loop as well as notices. I am very excited about their new STEAM initiatives [STEM and the Arts] and recommend Sacred heart highly best school in the state.
- Posted by Parent - Phil Brunis
Amazing!! School. Thank you to all the teachers that serve other scholars.
- Posted by Parent - Mel
Sacred Heart School is a true example of what it means to DREAM BIG! As proud alumni of the school, I can honestly say that this school molded me into the person I am today. Every teacher encouraged and challenged me to be better than the student I was yesterday. They made sure to pay attention to both my strengths and weaknesses in order to make me better academically and personally. It was through this school that I was able to be ahead of my peers in high school and carry that confidence into college. Outside of academics, I had the opportunity to participate in extracurriculars such as ballet, dance, skating, double dutch club, and so much more. I found my love for the arts and communicating with friends. This is the perfect school to turn your child into a scholar and into someone who is confident both academically and internally. I would recommend this school to any parent/child. Sacred Heart knows how to help anyone DREAM BIG.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A.W
Kind deeds, vital minds; a mantra that truly comes to life within the walls of SHS. It was through their academic environment that my love of learning was initially fostered. SHS gave me the skills and discipline that made me an excellent student throughout high school and later college. As a non-catholic alumna, I truly feel as though the lessons I learned here both academic and about life have molded me into the person I am today. Principal Haldimann instilled in my graduating class the moral foundation that would allow us to become confident, well accomplished, and altruistic members of society. The wide range of programs offered allowed me to be a well-rounded child. I had the opportunity to explore activities such as music, sports, and visual arts; some of which would develop into hobbies later in life. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants to give their child a strong foundation for success.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - D.L
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.