Sacred Heart School
Tel: (434) 793-2656
Sacred Heart School Photo #2 - While we offer multiple technology avenues of learning, our "old fashioned" reading comprehension is incorporated daily!
Sacred Heart School Photo #3 - On top of our accredited educational programs, our students know how to have fun outside of the classroom, too! We offer multiple extra curricular activities.
Sacred Heart School Photo #5 - Our middle school program prepares students not only for high school cirriculum but also for higher education programs. Our students graduate SHCS with high school credits in Spanish, Math, and English!
Sacred Heart School Photo #6 - We love representing our school in our community events such as the Rotary Christmas Float Parade each year (which we always win an award for)!
Choosing the right school environment is crucial for the development of your child. We at Sacred Heart Catholic School understand what that commitment means, and we are proud to be your school of choice.
We are a Pre-K through 8th grade school serving Danville and the surrounding areas.
We pride ourselves in developing well rounded students who graduate from SHCS prepared for a higher education and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based, Mild Learning Differences, etc.|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009|
|Total Students||147 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(black pants, white polo shirt (different codes vary for grade levels))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,960|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies for grade levels and additional costs are procured with after school care, lunch, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Scarce|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Jane Coble|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, B Club, Chess Club, Creative Writing, Photography Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Guitar Club
- Our school community thrives on mutual respect between our students and teachers. We build the bridge between teacher and student. Our teachers have a passion for education. They are educators first. They love teaching. They are the heart of the school community that values each student.In return, our students love learning. They enjoy coming to school, meeting healthy challenges, and being a part of the school community. Each student is challenged to be more and do more in all aspects of their life. Sacred Heart maintains an average class size 16 for grades K-8, which allows far more one on one interaction.
- Our school pursues the latest technology in all classrooms, including a technology and a STEAM lab and a one-to-one Chromebooks for Middle School Students.
- Former Sacred Heart students more often than not graduate their respective high schools as honor graduates, graduates of distinction, and graduates of merit. Many have earned recognition as valedictorians and salutatorians of their high school. A local, school of choice, high school representative commented, "We`ll always make room for a Sacred Heart student." Our students have a reputation for being well prepared academically and are respectful of faculty, staff, and classmates when they enter local high schools.
- Where do our students go after high school? 100% of students applying for college/universities are accepted. The list of colleges and universities our alumni have attended include Dartmouth, Duke University, Washington & Lee, College of William and Mary College, West Point, University of Virginia, Hampden-Sydney College, Radford University, Virginia Tech, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia Military Institute, James Madison University, North Carolina State, and Wake Forest University.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danville Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
The Life Church 955 Mount Cross Rd
Danville, VA 24540
(434) 799-8213 1.9 PK-6
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.