Saint Ann Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Saint Ann Catholic offers Half-Day and Full-Day Preschool Programs. Full-Day Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
Believe. Achieve. Inspire. These three words embody the guiding principal of Saint Ann Catholic School where we develop students who follow the example of Christ in learning, leading and caring.
Recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Saint Ann Catholic School is located in Arlington, VA and enrolls approximately 250 students in preschool through 8th Grade.
Our small class size means that each student receives more personal attention as well as the individualized educational and spiritual guidance that promotes strong academic and leadership skills.
Saint Ann Catholic School embraces and shares the Gospel values of Jesus Christ and His Church by fostering a faith-filled community. We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to reflect the glory of God by contributing to the greater good of our world.
Curriculum includes: Music, Art, PE, Computer, Lab Learner Science, Spanish and Library on a weekly basis.
Extracurricular Activities: Abrakadoodle, Chess, Choir, Junior Mechanical Engineering, Peer Mentoring, Science Seed, Strings Program, Robotics Club
The Saint Ann Catholic School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is one of the many opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education. The PTO provides communication between parents and school administration; educational opportunities for students, parents, and faculty; social events for students and their families; school-related activities to benefit students and faculty and fundraising opportunities
The Saint Ann Junior CYO Athletic Program provides athletic opportunities to students in all grades. In addition to providing a variety of team sports opportunities, our program is also committed to teaching Saint Ann students about sportsmanship, teamwork and goal achievement, all within the principles of Christianity.
- We, the family of St. Ann Catholic School, embrace and share the Gospel values of Jesus Christ by fostering a faith-filled community.
- We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to contribute to the greater good of our world.
- St. Ann School embraces Jesus Christ as the Master Teacher.
- We recognize that all children are created in the image and likeness of God, each gifted with unique talents and abilities.
- We believe every child has a desire to learn, can learn, and learns best in a loving, nurturing, and safe environment.
- We understand that academic achievement and personal growth require trial, error and reflection.
- We acknowledge that meaningful learning occurs when parents, teachers and students work collaboratively.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform - Winter and Summer )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,780|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is tiered for Catholic families. Non-catholic students have a separate tuition rate.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Mary Therrell|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Karinshak|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Tennis,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Junior Mechanical Engineering, Love Life Club, Peer Mentoring, Robotics Club, Science Club, Science Seed, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Abrakadoodle, Band, Choir, Strings Program
- Saint Ann is a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence offering full day an half-day preschool programs and full-day Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Saint Ann students consistently score above average on standardized tests, and the curriculum includes Music, Art, PE, Computer, Lab Learner Science, Spanish and Library on a weekly basis. Morning and afternoon Extended Day Program is available.
- We, the family of Saint Ann Catholic School, embrace and share the Gospel values of Jesus Christ and His Church by fostering a faith-filled community. We promote an educational environment where everyone is respected, everyone learns and everyone is encouraged to reflect the glory of God by contributing to the greater good of our world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 413 students
105 N. Thomas Street
Arlington, VA 22203
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 456 students
2024 N Randolph St
Arlington, VA 22207
- AlexandriaGrades: NS-5 | 88 students
3846 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
- HerndonGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
13625 EDS Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
- ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 136 students
825 S Taylor Street
Arlington, VA 22204
Saint Ann isn't just a school. It's a home. Where you learn, play, grow in faith, and form families. Saint Ann is a place where no one is left alone. No one is taunted or made feel like they''re not worth it. All the teachers, students, and faculty all make you feel like you belong, like you''re a part of something bigger than just a simple school. The learning environment produces students ready to take on the world (I have experienced it myself), with an astounding amount of knowledge in all areas. At Saint Ann, your class is your family. Your teachers are people you trust and love enough to respect them and be able to tell them anything. You always know you''re supported and loved. My years at Saint Ann have been some of the best in my life, and any child who could possibly go there is very blessed in deed.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - katie
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.