Saint Joseph Catholic Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Located in the heart of Brookfield, CT, St. Joseph Catholic Academy, formerly St. Joseph School, is a Diocese of Bridgeport school.
- We opened our new doors in August 2018 to approximately 100 students and their families.
- The foundation of our innovative personalized multi-age education provides students an opportunity to grow in faith and knowledge as they develop the confidence to master the necessary skills to become caring leaders. St. Joseph Catholic Academy consciously focuses on meeting the standards defined by the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools click here.?With Christ as the cornerstone, our school charism offers a nurturing yet challenging experience for students to experience living the Gospel values.
- To achieve our mission, the school offers opportunities for students to become leaders in the classroom and in the parish community by identifying our beliefs and how to live the Gospel values.
- See below to learn more about how we instill these values.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial assistance application deadline February 1 of each year.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Sweeting|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field
- PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
- Educating for the FutureThrough the combined efforts of the faculty, staff, parents, and administration, St. Joseph Catholic Academy embraces an academic philosophy based on nurturing a Christian community that is committed to academic excellence. Our high school preparatory program strives to develop the full potential of every student. Our personalized learning program encourages students to become leaders, to master the skills outlined within our rigorous curriculum guidelines and to become confident, faith-filled individuals.
- COURSE AND CLASSROOM STRUCTURE
- The courses offered to our St. Joseph Catholic Academy students are created to adapt to a flexible, student-oriented approach so that our multiage classroom environment supports the individual student needs. Chalkboards and rows of chairs are no longer learning spaces at St. Joseph Catholic Academy. We offer a classroom model that incorporates differentiated pedagogy, collaboration, and flexibility. The PK-12 Curriculum in all Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Bridgeport supports the continuous improvement of student achievement and is designed not only to meet, but to exceed state and national standards. It helps students reach their full potential not only now, but also in higher education and in their adult lives. Teachers and administrators designed this proprietary curriculum under the guidance of national experts in Curriculum Mapping, a process of organizing and planning what is happening in our classrooms at specific points during the school year. The maps are aligned with Gospel Values in every subject area so that students always learn in an atmosphere that includes Christ at its center.
- A DEDICATED STAFF
- Our teachers provide an academic environment that is influenced by our Catholic faith and teachings. They maintain high academic expectations and encourage learning through the use of pedagogical methods that exercise researched-based theories of learning, understandings of students and their cognitive, social and emotional needs, and appreciates the interests of individual students.?Teachers bring impressive academic credentials and years of teaching experience to their vocation of education. Our students consistently score extremely high on both national standardized tests and admittance tests to area private schools. Their efforts in the classroom are supported by a dedicated support staff and administrative team.?
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brookfield Grades: NS-8 | 63 students
5 Obtuse Hill Rd
Brookfield, CT 06804
(203)775-2774 2 NS-8
- Brookfield Grades: PK-K | 26 students
94 Old State Rd
Brookfield, CT 06804
(203)740-1441 2.9 PK-K
- Bethel Grades: NS-PK | 138 students
174 Old Hawleyville Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
(203)792-6991 3.1 NS-PK
- Brookfield Grades: K | 5 students
777 Federal Rd
Brookfield, CT 06804
(203)740-0044 3.5 K
For 9 years, my family has been a part of the St. Joseph Catholic Academy community, with 2 children graduated, and an additional 2 currently attending.A true family in Christ, SJCA emulates what any great Catholic School should: faith, community, and an unparalleled dedication to relevant and rigorous learning. The teachers here are passionate masters of their craft, and encourage students in their education in ever new and exciting ways, giving St. Joseph students an authentic voice and investment in their learning. The school culture of community centered in Christ creates a fellowship of faith that unites students, teachers, and families in lasting and impactful relationships. These serve as the foundation for an equally lasting and impactful education which develops Saint Joseph students into true life-long learners, preparing them for high school and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - P. Hanley
I absolutely love St. Joseph`s! My daughter was having issues with grades due to lack of concentration in the rigid structure of the public school she attended. (She`s 2nd grade) We made the switch to St. Joseph`s because of their multi-grade, Montessori type classroom that lets her learn at her own pace. My daughter LOVES it! She is learning MORE now and actually enjoying school. I cannot thank the wonderful teachers enough!!
- Posted by Parent - T
For any parent deciding on a school for their child, I highly recommend St. Joseph Catholic Academy. St. Joseph is a hidden gem and an absolute blessing for our children. We couldn't be happier with the experience we've had thus far. We love the small class sizes and the sense of community that this fosters. Our children are comfortable and happy in this environment. We love that the students throughout the school have a close relationship, but all of the teachers know all of the kids and it is just one big family looking out for one another. Academically, we're very pleased. The teachers are all very dedicated and committed to the kids. The blended classrooms has been positive for both of my young children. The digital aspect is a great tool for tracking progress and identifying areas of weakness and strength, so that each child can get the additional help they need to actually master and learn a topic, rather than just get through it. There are a lot of really exciting plans laid out for this school, which will give its students a very rich and enviable academic experience.
- Posted by Parent - SJCA Mom
I would describe the education at SJCA as innovative, collaborative, individualized and faith-driven. As a former teacher, I can attest to the fact that I have never seen a harder-working or more dedicated faculty than the teachers / staff at SJCA. For them, teaching is a ministry. Moreover, SJCA offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for K-8 including track & field, basketball, cheerleading, chess, Odyssey of the Mind, art club, math club and more! At SJCA, my children receive a top-notch education rooted in faith and delivered by caring and experienced teachers. They also have the opportunity to explore their interests in a safe and nurturing environment. I highly recommend SJCA. This school has been a blessing for our family!
- Posted by Parent - Jen Conlon
The new changes, combined with the outstanding staff and religious education make me give SJCA a resounding endorsement for anyone that is searching for a quality education for their children. The model of education combines progressive education with personal attention that is not easily found today. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Salame
I would like to comment that our family is absolutely thrilled with the new model that is St Joseph's Catholic Academy. Our son Albert has been a part of the community since first grade and is now in fourth. His growth and development, thanks to St Joseph's, has been more than we could possibly hope for. We are confident that going forward it will exceed all expectations. Thank you.
- Posted by Parent - Albert J Salame III
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.