- St. Mary’s Catholic School of Greenville was founded in 1900 and is now home to 250 children in grades K3 through 8.
- The Catholic school is the most important apostolic work of St. Mary’s Church, and every family in the parish is strongly encouraged to educate their children in Saint Mary’s Catholic School.
- Academic excellence, athletic challenge, artistic expression, and character formation are all at the service of teaching the Gospel to our students and calling them to follow the Lord Jesus as faithful disciples.
- This evangelical purpose shapes every dimension of life at the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Algebra I, Honors English I, Honors French I, Honors Spanish I,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,750|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner tuition and fees = $5750 Non-Parishioner tuition and fees=$7750 Tuition Assistance for Saint Mary's Parishioners|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nelle Palms|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beginning and Advanced Band, Chess Club, Choral Club, Coding Club, Rosary Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club Chess Club, Choral Club, Coding Club, Rosary Club, Yearbook Club, Beginning and Advanced Band,
- Students in grades K5 through 8th grade are tested before being accepted into Saint Mary's School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GreenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
2 James Dr
Greenville, SC 29605
TaylorsGrades: PK-8 | 286 students
1209 Brushy Creek Rd
Taylors, SC 29687
GreenvilleGrades: K-12 | 1099 students
245 Cavalier Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
GreenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 49 students
3315 Anderson Rd
Greenville, SC 29611
GreenvilleGrades: PK-12 | 419 students
875 State Park Road
Greenville, SC 29609
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.