Saint Raphael School
- Saint Raphael School, rooted in the Dominican tradition, is dedicated to living out Catholic values in a richly diverse population, while providing a strong academic education for all students.
- We believe as Catholic educators that our primary challenge is to present the gospel message of Jesus in order to develop a Christian community that promotes the values of love, peace, and service to others on personal, group, national and global levels.
- We believe that nurturing healthy intellects, psyches, and bodies fosters intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity that are essential to the overall development of the student.
- Saint Raphael School is part of the educational system of the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- As a faculty we believe that parents are the primary educators and we are here to assist them in their task.
- As their partners in education we recognize the need for mutual consideration and support.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform mandatory )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Principal Lydia Collins|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on FIRE.” St. Catherine of Siena
- Saint Raphael School has implemented the Veritas program with the goal of providing every student, regardless of starting point, with Catholic educational excellence. We help students identify and develop the unique strengths that their lived experiences have provided, so that they can build self-confidence and pursue their highest level of academic success. As part of the Veritas program, Saint Raphael teachers explicitly teach and cultivate five 21st century skills: Innovation, Adaptability, Critical-Analysis, Cross-cultural Communication, and Teamwork (IACCT). These skills for success give students the tools to take their content knowledge out into the real world and make a difference. With the Veritas program, students will continually practice self-reflection on their strengths in becoming better leaders and problem solvers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San RafaelGrades: 9-12 | 410 students
1600 Mission Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
- Belvedere TiburonGrades: K-8 | 272 students
765 Hilary Drive
Belvedere Tiburon, CA 94920
- SausalitoGrades: K-12 | 138 students
100 Ebbtide Avenue, Suite 144
Sausalito, CA 94965
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.