Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School
- Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School was founded by three intrepid and innovative thinkers Sharon Ames-Dennard, Ph.D., Dana Dennard, Ph.D., and Kha Dennard, Ed.D. Our school is named after the Sakkara Complex located in Ancient Kemet.
- It was the first institute of higher learning on the continent.
- It translates into a place where enlightenment dwells. In this millennium, the future will belong to those who prepare for it today.
- Consequently, it is imperative that we cultivate youth development. Sakkara Youth Institute is a college preparatory educational facility designed to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- SYI is unique in its high expectations, culturally sensitive strategies and developmentally appropriate materials.
- Our primary mission is to develop SYI students into competent, caring, and contributing members of society.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TallahasseeGrades: PK-6 | 57 students
406 N Bronough St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- TallahasseeGrades: PK-12 | 520 students
3000 N Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 22, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.