Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School
- Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School was founded by three intrepid and innovative thinkers Sharon Ames-Dennard, Ph.D., Dana Dennard, Ph.D., and Kha Dennard, Ed.D. Our school is named after the Sakkara Complex located in Ancient Kemet.
- It was the first institute of higher learning on the continent.
- It translates into a place where enlightenment dwells. In this millennium, the future will belong to those who prepare for it today.
- Consequently, it is imperative that we cultivate youth development. Sakkara Youth Institute is a college preparatory educational facility designed to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- SYI is unique in its high expectations, culturally sensitive strategies and developmentally appropriate materials.
- Our primary mission is to develop SYI students into competent, caring, and contributing members of society.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TallahasseeGrades: PK-6 | 57 students
406 N Bronough St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
TallahasseeGrades: PK-12 | 583 students
3000 N Meridian Road
Tallahassee, FL 32312
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?