Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School
- Sakkara Youth Institute Independent School was founded by three intrepid and innovative thinkers Sharon Ames-Dennard, Ph.D., Dana Dennard, Ph.D., and Kha Dennard, Ed.D. Our school is named after the Sakkara Complex located in Ancient Kemet.
- It was the first institute of higher learning on the continent.
- It translates into a place where enlightenment dwells. In this millennium, the future will belong to those who prepare for it today.
- Consequently, it is imperative that we cultivate youth development. Sakkara Youth Institute is a college preparatory educational facility designed to prepare children to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- SYI is unique in its high expectations, culturally sensitive strategies and developmentally appropriate materials.
- Our primary mission is to develop SYI students into competent, caring, and contributing members of society.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tallahassee Grades: PK-6 | 72 students
406 N Bronough St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 222-6605 3.1 PK-6
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?