San Marino Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- San Marino Montessori School offers full & part-time Montessori educational programs for preschoolers ages 2-5 years and full-time programs for children through the eighth grade.
- The young child internalizes concepts through movement, repetition, the use of their senses and the manipulation of concrete objects.
- We provide a rich environment of well-structured tasks in a broad and far reaching curriculum.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,950|
|Tuition Notes||This tuition reflects a ten month school year. We are open in the summer. Tuition for summer can be pro-rated weekly for the summer session.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hilda O. Koorn|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ballet, Cooking, Individual Piano, Sports Art, Ballet, Cooking, Sports, Individual Piano,|
- Montessori is a philosophy and method of education which emphasizes the potential of the young child and which develops this potential by utilizing special teaching materials. Montessori materials help the child to understand what he learns by associating abstract concepts with concrete sensorial experiences. Victory Montessori Schools provide carefully prepared learning environments in which intellectual, moral, creative, physical and social growth flourish. The schools were established in 1975 in San Marino with the purpose of creating an educational community committed to Montessori educational standards and principles. Today our schools serve over 100 students from preschool though 8th grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PasadenaGrades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
- ArcadiaGrades: PK-1 | 94 students
1406 S Santa Anita Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
- PasadenaGrades: K | 64 students
355 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105
- ArcadiaGrades: K-8 | 217 students
240 W Colorado Blvd
Arcadia, CA 91007
- PasadenaGrades: PK-6 | 214 students
74 S San Gabriel Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
There has been so many positive changes in my daughter since she started there in September of 2013 when she just turned 3. She started in room 3 (age 3-4.5) with Ms. Erna. With their highly personalized Montessori approach, my daughter has made tremendous progress in her reading and math. The best of all, she's no longer crying when I drop her off at school like she did at her old school. I watch my daughter closely and the school (including Ms. Erna and the admin Ms. Hilda) have taken all the right actions to make sure my daughter thrives. My daughter has asynchronous growth -- advanced in reading and average in Math. Ms. Erna brings in material from upper class to teach my daughter. My daughter is happy with the teacher and her friends. She truly enjoys learning and I owe this to her teacher and the highly personalized Montessori approach. I can't thank her school enough to make her happy.
- Posted by Parent - alice
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.