Savannah Christian Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Savannah Christian Preparatory School (SCPS) is an independent, non-denominational PK-12 college prep Christian school.
- We seek to glorify God by partnering with families, churches and the local community in educating future generations through Christ-centered training, application, and example.
- We are boldly Christian and unquestionably academic as we prepare for college and prepare for life!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences in Lower School|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011, 2014, 2017|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||150 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Language/ Composition, AP Literature/ Composition, AP Physics, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and white or red shirts for boys while girls wear plaid skirts and white button down shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$900|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Fairbanks|
|Admissions Associate||Kathi Strickland|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- About Us
- Savannah Christian Preparatory School (SCPS) is an independent, non-denominational PK-12 college prep Christian school. We seek to glorify God by partnering with families, churches and the local community in educating future generations through Christ-centered training, application, and example.
- Founded as the Evangelical Bible Institute with eight boarding students in 1951 by the Rev. George and Mrs. Harold Deane Akins, the school originated with the following mission, "The Bible first, then teaching students how to live and how to make a living."
- SCPS has contributed to the education of more than 5,000 students at some point during their educational journey. We currently have more than 3,500 alumni, nearly 1,800 students on campus every day, nearly 1,400 current family households, and more than 200 employees. Our alumni live in 435 American cities spread out among 45 states, and 23 foreign cities in 16 countries representing 5 continents around the world.
- Our Mission Statement
- Developing the whole person to the glory of God
- Our Vision Statement
- A life-changing student experience
- Our vision statement is the school`s affirmation that we prioritize the teaching and learningexperience and will, with rigor and fidelity, hold true to our purpose. Athletics, arts, leadership,and service training are not co-curricular but central to the learning experience. We knowthat students involved in activities beyond the four classroom walls are more engaged in thelearning experience. Therefore, our vision filters into every aspect of school life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: PK-12 | 275 students
Savannah, GA 31405
(912)352-4535 4.9 PK-12
- Savannah Grades: NS-12 | 713 students
4625 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31404
(912)351-2299 4.9 NS-12
- Savannah Grades: K-12 | 120 students
707 Little Neck Rd
Savannah, GA 31419
(912)921-0088 7.1 K-12
I wanna have the opportunity to take my talents and play on the tea m
- Posted by Student/Alumni - grind
Nearby Homes for Sale
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.