Savannah Christian Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Savannah Christian Preparatory School (SCPS) is an independent, non-denominational PK-12 college prep Christian school.
- We seek to glorify God by partnering with families, churches and the local community in educating future generations through Christ-centered training, application and example.
- We are committed to preparing students not only for college, but for a God-honoring life as well. There can be no higher purpose on this earth than to glorify God in all that we do.
- We desire to come along side of the home and the church in developing young Daniels and Esthers for the Lord.
- We are boldy Christian and unquestionably academic as we prepare for college and prepare for life!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences in Lower School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011, 2014|
|Total Students||1687 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Government, AP Language/ Composition, AP Literature/ Composition, AP Physics, AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants and white or red shirts for boys while girls wear plaid skirts and white button down shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,150|
|Tuition Notes||There are only two primary fees, Application fee and Tuition. An application fee is required to apply. Once accepted a tuition deposit serves as a registration fee. This deposit is deducted from the overall tuition bill.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
|Admissions Director||Debbie Fairbanks|
|Admissions Associate||Wendi Patrick|
- SCPS is a school where students grow beyond expectations in all the ways we value most. Rather than learning subjects, they master them. Rather than following codes of honor and faith, they strive to live by them. Rather than reaching their limits, they realize their potential. Influenced by an excellent faculty, and working in a vibrant campus environment, students discover the interests, talents and passions that will guide their future. And they develop the character and discipline they'll need to succeed in every aspect of their academic, personal and professional lives. Here are some of our distinctive qualities as compared to other schools in our community. The opportunity to teach Biblical principles differentiates us from public schools; however, it is our daily effort to teach our curriculum reflecting a Christian worldview that demonstrates how SCPS is distinctly different from other Christian schools. Yes, we have Bible classes and we memorize scripture, but at SCPS we train our teachers on how to move beyond that to intentionally instruct every subject area from a Biblical perspective. SCPS strives to be boldly Christian and unquestionably academic. Earning a diploma from SCPS is a passport to a world of opportunities for advanced education and future success. Recognized as one of the top college prep schools in Georgia, Michael Adams, President of the University of Georgia personally thanked Headmaster, Roger Yancey: "We want to recognize schools in the state that send us good students and we want you to keep sending us YOUR students." This is high praise from one of the top universities in the country! Competing on the playing field of life is demanding and necessary. At SCPS we are preparing our scholar athletes by offering not only an athletic program, but a highly competitive program. Delivering the opportunity to play on a team where discipline, hard work and goal setting are instilled, our teams have also played at the region and state level in every male and female sport for last several years. Our scholar athletes have outstanding success with receiving scholarships that offer the opportunity to play at the collegiate level. Whether it's exploring abilities or challenging talents, the fine arts program at SCPS offers unique opportunities which include performing, written and visual arts. The Savannah College of Art & Design serves as a collegiate partner to enhance student learning and experiences. From performing under the lights in a Broadway musical on a historical stage in downtown Savannah, to processing film in a our darkroom, from marching in the band at halftime, to firing pottery in our kiln, a vivid collage of opportunities is available to all students. At SCPS we are passionate about serving the community in which we live. We intentionally include community service in our bold vision statement which involves developing the servant heart of our students. Actively seeking ways to financially support local, national and international organizations, our students give their time and talents in a variety of ways throughout Savannah and our surrounding community. The extended learning environment at SCPS is among the most unique for any learning institution in the country. As the site of the last major battle in Sherman's famed "March to the Sea," these historical grounds have been recognized with a Georgia Historical Society marker because our campus is one of the few remaining battlegrounds where the trench lines still visibly face each other. Learning about the Civil War on the battleground is how we bring history to life! Ecological Diversity for Educational Networking, or E.D.E.N., began as a demonstration of the school's stewardship and conservation of its own natural resources. Today, the reserved 176 acres is an outdoor education center which includes forest, fields and pond habitats for a variety of plant and animal life. Discovery trails, demonstration stations and teaching facilities provide students with a memorable hands-on educational experience. E.D.E.N. features an outdoor amphitheater, observation tower, aquatic studies dock, wetland's board walk, and a picnic area. At SCPS we can make science and ecology engaging and interactive. The heart-pumping roar of the crowd cheering as a young Raider runs down the field, or the masterful swing of the club as the ball sails down the fairway, or even the precision tumbling of a Raider cheerleader are all examples of the moment when Raider Pride soars! Often described as being a member of an exclusive club, becoming a Raider really is like belonging to an amazing family that is forever bound by the love of one another, school, country and Christ! Whether becoming a Raider in Lower, Middle, or Upper School, your Raider family will welcome you! Once a Raider, always a Raider! Having that personal history within a school family is a distinct opportunity at SCPS! Energy, enthusiasm and pride all together becomes the tie that binds this group that powerfully supports one another in an enriching way! You can't hide that Raider Our name says it all, "Christian Preparatory!" Having a dual focus makes us distinct in this community. Being academically prepared is important but it is vital to also have a rock solid set of life skills which are rooted in Biblical truths. Students are shaped by our faculty within a Christian worldview to ensure they not only survive the rigors of college, but also thrive throughout college and life. It is this high standard of our rigorous curriculum and moral standards which demonstrates how Savannah Christian is boldly Christian and unquestionably academic!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SavannahGrades: NS-12 | 1006 students
824 Stillwood Drive
Savannah, GA 31419
SavannahGrades: PK-12 | 647 students
4625 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31404
SavannahGrades: PK-12 | 275 students
Savannah, GA 31405
SavannahGrades: PK-12 | 267 students
4700 Skidaway Rd
Savannah, GA 31404
SavannahGrades: PK-12 | 506 students
601 Penn Waller Rd
Savannah, GA 31410
I wanna have the opportunity to take my talents and play on the tea m
- Posted by Student/Alumni - grind
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?