School For Tomorrow
- School For Tomorrow (grades 4-12) has created a cutting edge, student-centered education model preparing students to thrive in the 21st century.
- Individualized research-based curriculum, rolling admissions, and a holisitic approach to education.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
- School for Tomorrow (SFT) is a groundbreaking, nonprofit, model independent school committed to serving a diversity of students in grades 4-12. Founded in 2009 in response to a critical need for change in secondary education, SFT uses the most current and compelling research, resources, and practices from the field of education and beyond to empower individuals to reach their fullest potential in academics and in life in the decades ahead. Among the many things that make SFT a “school unlike any other,” the following three aspects of SFT stand out:
- 1. We provide a truly customized education, tailoring the curriculum to each child’s needs. This means that the most academically gifted and the below average student can be fully challenged and grow far beyond where they could in a traditional setting.
- 2. We provide a holistic education. We recognize that success in academics and in life is predicated on far more than academic skills and content knowledge. Without emotional, social, and physical well-being, one cannot reach their fullest potential. Therefore, we integrate the development of the emotional, physical, and social aspects of self into our curriculum and community.
- 3. We serve a diverse student body. We believe that most students can benefit from an SFT education. We also believe that students gain important social and life skills by interacting with people who are different than them. While other schools are becoming increasingly specialized, we want to create a school that mirrors the broader society. Customization allows students to achieve and be challenged within a diverse setting.
- Our methods encourage constant investigation, analysis, critical thinking, collaboration, and problem solving. We respect and support students as they take risks, learn from mistakes, and stretch themselves in an inclusive environment of mutual caring and respect.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
- PotomacGrades: K-12
8224 Lochinver Lane
Potomac, MD 20854
- PotomacGrades: K-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
- AccokeekGrades: 7-12 | 19 students
501 Bryan Point Rd
Accokeek, MD 20607
- LaurelGrades: 9-12 | 460 students
113 Saint Marys Place
Laurel, MD 20707