Schwartz Center For Children
- The Day School is a Department of Education approved program at the Schwartz Center.
- It encompasses ungraded classrooms with ages ranging from 3-22 years.
- The program also includes RN's and LPN's and licensed therapeutic staff in the areas of speech/language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and sensory integration.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in classroom activities, as well as parent support groups, special events, and daily communication with classroom staff.
- The program is designed to serve students with multiple disabilities who demonstrate potential for progress.
- Diagnoses of our students include, but are not limited to, physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, developmental disabilities, communication disorders, sensory-motor delays, deafblindness, and a variety of other conditions.
- Educational and therapeutic service delivery is transdisciplinary, with services delivered within the classroom as well as one-on-one.
- Community involvement is a strong component of the program, with opportunity for participation in aquatic therapy and hippotherapy services provided.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New BedfordGrades: 4-12 | 16 students
19 Hawthorn St
New Bedford, MA 02740
North ProvidenceGrades: 3-12 | 33 students
420 Fruit Hill Ave
North Providence, RI 02911
ProvidenceGrades: NS-12 | 159 students
1000 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905
ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 70 students
520 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
AssonetGrades: 3-12 | 46 students
Po Box 372
Assonet, MA 02702
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?