Serendipity Children's Center
5.00 (1 review)
- Serendipity Children's Center was the dream of two friends and schoolteachers in 1985.
- They taught and ran the program until 1987. Dan and Lynnette McCarty purchased Serendipity Children's Center in 1990.
- At that time, licensed capacity was 63 children ages six months to age five.
- Over the past years, there have been many changes and much growth, while maintaining superb quality and reputation.
- The growth has been a part of the center's history.
- Serendipity is currently licensed to serve 263 students ranging from ages 6 weeks to Grade 6.
- Dan and Lynnette have provided continued growth by increasing space, improving the quality of curriculum, and staying current with the early care and education trends.
- Their goal to insure that the children served are receiving what they need for a successful ongoing educational process.
- They remain committed to providing a place of growth and development and a place where children can feel at home.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Swimming, TennisBallet, Gymnastics,|
Indoor Soccer, Swimming,
- Welcome to Serendipity Children's Center. We are pleased that you have trusted us with your child's early education. Our safe, happy environment is a place you can leave your child, confident he or she is receiving outstanding care and enjoying a positive, and stimulating learning experience. Serendipity is a premier early learning center and Private School in Tumwater, Washington. Since 1983, we have offered a fresh alternative to the normal preschool setting with full-day programs. We are located in the heart of the Valley Athletic Club, which offers additional enrichment opportunities for the children we serve. We are a licensed facility by the State of Washington and exceed the minimum licensing requirements. Our reviews from the State are available for your viewing upon request. Individual attention to each child's needs is commonplace. Serendipity has developed a well-rounded preschool curriculum, a state- approved private school and has an outstanding reputation within the community. Serendipity's management and staff are committed to meeting the needs of your child. Parents are always welcome at Serendipity and appointments are never required. Please feel free to stop in at the center any time. We look forward to serving your family and promise to provide a warm and loving environment for your child while promoting individual development to its fullest.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OlympiaGrades: PK-8 | 355 students
4706 Park Center Ave NE
Olympia, WA 98516
- OlympiaGrades: PK-8 | 526 students
1010 Black Lake Blvd Sw
Olympia, WA 98502
- LaceyGrades: NS-8 | 184 students
7075 Pacific Ave Se
Lacey, WA 98503
- YelmGrades: PK-12 | 126 students
13036 Morris Rd Se
Yelm, WA 98597
- OlympiaGrades: PK-1 | 67 students
730 Lilly Rd SE
Olympia, WA 98501
This is our daughter's first year attending this amazing school. They have top -notch certified teachers and staff who truly care about their students learning. Our daughter is receiving an amazingly well rounded education with regular participation in specialists like Science, Art, P.E. (tennis and use of the facilities at the Valley Athletic Club a huge bonus), Spanish, and Music in addition to her normal academic areas. The school has an incredibly supportive PTO group, ensures that students participate in community activities/volunteerism, and encourages teachers to take field trips in order to enhance the student's learning. The school also hosts many events such as a Winter Program, Spring Musical, Science Fair, All Academy Camp Out, and so much more. We are thankful our daughter is being challenged and well supported in her learning environment. We are glad we found this school, we feel it is the best in the area, and we highly encourage other families to check out all of the great things happening at this incredible Academy.
- Posted by Parent - hickb
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.