- At Serendipity, the focus is on child-centered activities. This means that the choices are left for the children to make.
- This teaches initiative and independence, because the choices are not being made for them.
- It instills a sense of responsibility and respect, because they must follow the rules.
- It accommodates greater individualized learning because children proceed at their own pace.
- At Serendipity, children's activities center on objects and experiences that develop more fully their understanding of what they can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.
- Objects are safe, fun, and can be manipulated in different ways as children develop their awareness and discover details and relationships.
- Teachers, trained to understand the sequences children experience as they learn, provide the play props.
- They set the stage for each learning experience. Then they stand back allowing the children freedom of choice, the freedom to learn in their own way, at their own pace.
- Teachers recognize when to give individual attention to a particular child; helping a child reach out to share a new discovery, reminding another of a vital piece that is just outside his range of vision, or just giving a quick hug, or a word of encouragement.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association of Laboratory Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BurbankGrades: PK-K | 40 students
217 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Van NuysGrades: NS | 40 students
6328 Woodman Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Woodland HillsGrades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.