Serendipity Early Care And Edu
- At Serendipity, the focus is on child-centered activities. This means that the choices are left for the children to make.
- This teaches initiative and independence, because the choices are not being made for them.
- It instills a sense of responsibility and respect, because they must follow the rules.
- It accommodates greater individualized learning because children proceed at their own pace.
- At Serendipity, children's activities center on objects and experiences that develop more fully their understanding of what they can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.
- Objects are safe, fun, and can be manipulated in different ways as children develop their awareness and discover details and relationships.
- Teachers, trained to understand the sequences children experience as they learn, provide the play props.
- They set the stage for each learning experience. Then they stand back allowing the children freedom of choice, the freedom to learn in their own way, at their own pace.
- Teachers recognize when to give individual attention to a particular child; helping a child reach out to share a new discovery, reminding another of a vital piece that is just outside his range of vision, or just giving a quick hug, or a word of encouragement.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association of Laboratory Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BurbankGrades: PK-K | 40 students
217 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
- Van NuysGrades: NS | 40 students
6328 Woodman Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91401
- Woodland HillsGrades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.