Serendipity Early Care And Edu
- At Serendipity, the focus is on child-centered activities. This means that the choices are left for the children to make.
- This teaches initiative and independence, because the choices are not being made for them.
- It instills a sense of responsibility and respect, because they must follow the rules.
- It accommodates greater individualized learning because children proceed at their own pace.
- At Serendipity, children's activities center on objects and experiences that develop more fully their understanding of what they can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.
- Objects are safe, fun, and can be manipulated in different ways as children develop their awareness and discover details and relationships.
- Teachers, trained to understand the sequences children experience as they learn, provide the play props.
- They set the stage for each learning experience. Then they stand back allowing the children freedom of choice, the freedom to learn in their own way, at their own pace.
- Teachers recognize when to give individual attention to a particular child; helping a child reach out to share a new discovery, reminding another of a vital piece that is just outside his range of vision, or just giving a quick hug, or a word of encouragement.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association of Laboratory Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BurbankGrades: PK-K | 40 students
217 N Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
Van NuysGrades: NS | 40 students
6328 Woodman Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Woodland HillsGrades: NS-PK | 75 students
21321 Costanso St.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?