Shannon Forest Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- We are a Christian community providing a comprehensive college preparatory education rooted in the truth of a Biblical worldview and marked by wisdom, excellence, and purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||775 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, Music Theory, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Appearance to display modesty, professionalism and respect for themselves and others.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K3 & K4: $1710-$9270 depending on # of days. Transitional Kindergarten - Half Day: $6423 KT/K5 Full Day: $8421 1st - 5th Grade: $8951 6th - 8th Grade: $10213 9th - 12th Grade: $11742 (Does not include application, enrollment or operations and tech fee)|
|Admissions Director||Candace Kurtz|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Concert Choir, Fine Arts, Intramurals, Key Club, Math Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Service Learning, Student Government, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Discover Small Group Bible Studies, Speech and Debate, Student Ambassadors, Youth in Government
- The foundation of Shannon Forest Christian School (SFCS) was the result of the passion of a church family and its desire to carry God`s Word into the community. In 1968, former Shannon Forest Presbyterian Church (SFPC) Pastor Al Lutz saw his vision of providing a Christ-centered education come to fruition with the foundation of SFCS - a place to nurture Christian values supported by the family`s church and home. The school opened with 12 Kindergarten students and within two years, it had grown to a K5 through 6th Grade environment. To support the ever expanding student body, the school purchased 50 acres of land, in the heart of Greenville`s Eastside, on which to construct a 9,000 square foot building. That fall, 130 students were enrolled at SFCS.The growth of the school continued and in 1971, additional classrooms and a Gymnasium were added to the campus. In 1973, to meet the demands of increased enrollment, 3,000 additional feet of classroom space were added to the school.On April 1, 2014, the Board of Trustees of SFCS and the Leadership of SFPC finalized the decision to move forward as independent ministries. The step was a positive one, allowing both the church and school to prosper, grow and continue to influence the Greenville community for Jesus Christ. The relationship between church and school remains very strong.Today SFCS is its own legal entity, non-profit ministry and independent school, governed by a Board of Trustees. The fully-accredited, PK3 through 12th Grade, college preparatory program has an enrollment of over 400 students and remains at its current location on Garlington Road in Greenville.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simpsonville Grades: PK-12 | 1063 students
2211 Woodruff Rd
Simpsonville, SC 29681
(864)234-7595 1.8 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 1145 students
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd
Greenville, SC 29614
(864)770-1395 6.9 PK-12
I can say, without hesitation, that SFCS has been the absolute best school our family has experienced. In addition to my 6 children, I have 8 nieces and nephews that have been students at SFCS over the past 10 yrs. I love that SFCS is continually improving its facilities, academics, athletics and fine arts. However, the reason SFCS stands out is not in those things. SFCS is an exceptional school because of one attribute. That attribute, consistently found in the faculty and staff, is that they value the relationships that they have with their students! They know them, they pray for them, they engage them, they inspire them. My kids are not going to reflect back on how great the building was, how many activities there were or how many games a team won. What they will remember is how a relationship with a teacher or a coach motivated and inspired them to succeed in areas they never thought possible. How someone cared about the details of their life and invested their time, energy and love, when they didn't have to. I love many things about SFCS and my graduates have been very well prepared for their futures, but it is this attribute that sets SFCS apart.
- Posted by Parent - cheri
My children have been attending Shannon Forest for several years now and we LOVE it! They are so excited each and every day that they get to go to school. It makes my job as a mom so much easier when they are eager to go to school. The teachers are loving, nurturing, and engage the students. As a former elementary teacher at a public school in Greenville, I can say that the curriculum is very strong. I wish that I could elaborate here, but I could write a book on the amazing things that are happening in the classrooms at Shannon Forest. The administration has always been very supportive and loving to me as a parent. I appreciate the love that they have for my children as well. The children get to play and learn outdoors as well. This was a bonus that I didn't expect! Students have PE twice a week, as well as a long recess, and they take their snack break outdoors when possible. I've noticed teachers taking their students outdoors to teach lessons as well. Very neat! We couldn't be happier there. We really love that everyone knows one another and takes care of one another.
- Posted by Parent - break
I have 3 children here.. K5 through high school. It is a blessing to be here. The school has high academic standards with a loving Christian atmosphere...
- Posted by Parent - kimbe
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.