Shorewood Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1979, Shorewood Christian School (SCS) has been helping Christian parents fulfill their Scriptural mandate to train up their children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- SCS offers small class sizes from Pre-K through 8th grade.
- SCS is a ministry of Roots Church (recently merged with Shorewood Foursquare).
- The school is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International and has national accreditation through AI and NCPSA. In December 2014, SCS received I-20 status and thus accepts I-20 international students (in grades 6 - 8).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $6189 to $6654, depending on grade level (K thru 8).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||JoAnn Hernandez|
|Admissions Associate||David Glass|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Praise Dance Class
- Our mission is to teach our students to know who they are in Christ and to equip them to fulfill their unique destiny in God through the power of the Holy Spirit.With the Bible as the foundation of all instruction, Shorewood Christian School seeks to educate the whole child spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically. Once equipped, our students will have a godly influence on their own families, their community, the nation, and the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
- SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 858 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
- SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 159 students
11215 15th Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98146
My children have had a marvelous experience at SCS. They have matured academically, spiritually, socially, musically, and athletically. The school has a family atmosphere. It is very affordable. The teachers are loving and caring. It is a hidden secret in the Shorewood/West Seattle area.
- Posted by Parent - philb
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.