Smith College Campus School
- The Smith College Campus School in Northampton, Massachusetts, is a coeducational laboratory day school for children ages 5 -12.
- It is open to all children in the surrounding communities.
- The Campus School strives to be a cooperative and responsive community committed to an education that addresses children's cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
- We recognize and respect individual differences and work to build on the strengths of each child.
- We celebrate children's achievements, helping children recognize their accomplishments and experience a joy in learning.
- Central to our philosophy is the belief that children should acquire a set of fundamental concepts and skills, as well as the habits of mind and heart, that enable them to understand and operate in their world and become effective problem solvers and responsible community members.
- We view learning as a dynamic process that is enhanced by an openness to new ideas and a willingness to take intellectual risks in the pursuit of knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HadleyGrades: NS-12 | 266 students
193 Bay Road
Hadley, MA 01035
- AmherstGrades: K-7 | 119 students
Po Box 2248
Amherst, MA 01004
- GreenfieldGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
71 Montague City Rd
Greenfield, MA 01301
- AmherstGrades: NS-6 | 116 students
27 Pomeroy Ln
Amherst, MA 01002
- SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 95 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.