- The Smith College Campus School in Northampton, Massachusetts, is a coeducational laboratory day school for children ages 5 -12.
- It is open to all children in the surrounding communities.
- The Campus School strives to be a cooperative and responsive community committed to an education that addresses children's cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
- We recognize and respect individual differences and work to build on the strengths of each child.
- We celebrate children's achievements, helping children recognize their accomplishments and experience a joy in learning.
- Central to our philosophy is the belief that children should acquire a set of fundamental concepts and skills, as well as the habits of mind and heart, that enable them to understand and operate in their world and become effective problem solvers and responsible community members.
- We view learning as a dynamic process that is enhanced by an openness to new ideas and a willingness to take intellectual risks in the pursuit of knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AmherstGrades: K-7 | 119 students
Po Box 2248
Amherst, MA 01004
GreenfieldGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
71 Montague City Rd
Greenfield, MA 01301
HadleyGrades: NS-12 | 266 students
193 Bay Road
Hadley, MA 01035
AmherstGrades: NS-6 | 116 students
27 Pomeroy Ln
Amherst, MA 01002
SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 101 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.