Speech and Language Development Center
- Speech and Language Development Center is a nonprofit school and therapy center serving children and young adults with special needs, age three months through 21 years.
- Drawing on over 60 years of knowledge, skill and success, SLDC provides remediation for language/learning, emotional/social and neurologically-based needs to students with a broad scope of diagnoses, including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The Center is certified by the California State Department of Education and licensed by the California State Department of Social Services. For more information, see www.sldc.net.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Speech and Language Development Center also viewed these schools: St Catherine's Academy, Westview School, Olive Crest Academy, Aldar Academy and A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 99 students
11801 Mississippi Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310)478-5544 28.4 7-12
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 373.9 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.