- Spring Gate School was establish in August of 2000 by Debra Kern, the Director and the mother of a child within the Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Mrs. Kern graduated in 1978 from Warner Southern College in Lakes Wales, Florida with a Bachelors Degree.
- In 1987 Mrs. Kern graduated from Nova Southern University with a Masters Degree in Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Mrs. Kern is a Florida State Certified Teacher in the areas of: Mentally Handicapped, Specific Learning Disabilities, and English.
- Spring Gate School was designed for students with difficulties in learning, organizational skills, and social skills.
- Students receive a personalized education plan designed specifically for them.
- Trained professionals administer the education plan with a background in special education.
- The student to teacher ratio is kept low to ensure that each student develops the academic and social skills necessary to become responsible citizens.
- Students who attend Spring Gate School experience daily academic and social challenges which make it difficult to attend a public educational facility.
- Spring Gate School patiently opens doors to both learning and caring children who struggle in many ways.
- Our teachers are state certified in one of the following areas: Varying Exceptionalities, Mentally Handicapped and Specific Learning Disabilities.
- We employ experienced teachers, and maintain a professional development program for our entire staff.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Pompano BeachGrades: K-12 | 102 students
10193 Nw 31st St
Pompano Beach, FL 33065
Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-12 | 14 students
5850 S Pine Island Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
Pompano BeachGrades: K-12 | 56 students
4640 Nw 74th Pl
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
Coral SpringsGrades: K-12
1750 N. University Blvd., Suite 105
Coral Springs, FL 33071
Fort LauderdaleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
4188 S University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.