- Springdale Preschool was founded in 1960 as an educational outreach of Springdale Presbyterian Church.
- Our school offers both an educational and innovative program for young children.
- We have grown and changed over the years and look forward to serving the community responsibly and creatively for many years to come.
- The philosophy of Springdale Preschool is based upon the strong belief that each child is a unique individual with special and differing needs.
- Our program reflects the philosophy and maintains the flexibility necessary to acknowledge the different rates at which each individual child develops.
- The preschool program is licensed by the Cabinet for Human Resources.
- The kindergarten program is accredited by the State Department of Education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Springdale Preschool is Portland Christian School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Grades: PK-5 | 104 students
8215 Old Westport Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 412-7825 1.1 PK-5
- Louisville Grades: NS-PK
2013 Herr Ln
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 425-7272 1.4 NS-PK
- Louisville Grades: PK-K | 76 students
5101 Us Highway 42
Louisville, KY 40241
(502) 423-1444 1.4 PK-K
- Louisville Grades: K-12 | 51 students
7515 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40222
(502) 966-6979 1.5 K-12
Absolutely LOVE this school! My son is getting ready to finish his first year there and he has had the time of his life. The director and teachers truly love these children and it shows. I am looking forward to my son enjoying another year there before I send my youngest there as well!
- Posted by Parent - Kathleen
next year will be our fifth consecutive year at Springdale between our two children. This school has been a safe haven for our family. Our boys have learned so much and most importantly become confident and caring learners. The atmosphere is quaint, secure and endearing. The staff is loving and consistent. We are very happy with our decision to start our children's academic years here.
- Posted by Parent - Stacey Langan
Cannot say enough about this school. The teachers and staff are warm, caring, and go above and beyond. Our 3 year old broke out of her super shy shell and we owe it all to Springdale. They prepared her for Kindergarten in such a HUGE way. To say that we are going to miss Springdale is a huge understatement. If your looking for a preschool we highly suggest Ms Carrie and her fantastic team!!!!
- Posted by Parent - Anne Butler Domeck
Amazing school. My twins, who are now going into third grade, were so well prepared for kindergarten, both academically and socially. My younger son just finished his first year at Springdale and we had another terrific experience. This school has the best teachers hands down!
- Posted by Parent - srlac
We loved Springdale Preschool! It was a warm intimate environment with kind and enthusiastic staff. My child got lots of one-on-one attention. My son is well prepared for kindergarten next year and you can really tell the staff love what they do and the children enjoy being there. Also, the children also get a music lesson once a week, which my son loved!
- Posted by Parent - susan
For anyone researching preschools in Louisville, KY you need to take a look at Springdale Preschool. It is, without a doubt, one of the top preschools in the area. Our daughter just completed her first year at Springdale, and our son has now completed his third and final year there including a year of Pre-K. We are so confident that he''ll do well in Kindergarten this fall due to the wonderful teachers and solid curriculum at Springdale. The staff is unsurpassed. They strive to create a fun, safe environment for their students while educating them in a wide array of subjects. The students are also exposed to music and get to participate in several parties and programs throughout the school year. Springdale Preschool and its staff are part of our family. Our son will sincerely miss seeing his former teachers at Springdale when he goes on to Kindergarten this fall, and my daughter is already looking forward to her second year there (so are we)!
- Posted by Parent - laura
We have had our children at Springdale for a total of 3 years, and cannot say enough positive. The environment is warm and friendly, and the teachers genuinely care about the social and academic growth of the children. Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - mcfam
I give Springdale Preschool the highest rating possible and would recommend to anyone. My children are taught everything they need in a loving, safe environment. The teachers and staff care about the students whole person, mind and heart. Love this place!
- Posted by Parent - bethp