Sshs-ny/solomon Schechter High School Of Ny
- Solomon Schechter High School's mission is to prepare young men and women for a lifetime of individual accomplishment, Jewish commitment, and community leadership.
- The school is a Conservative Jewish, coeducational, college preparatory school serving grades 9-12 that is dedicated to academic excellence in both general and Judaic studies.
- Our inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum encourages critical thinking, inspires intellectual curiosity, and inculcates a life-long love of learning.
- Course offerings encompass mathematics, the sciences, the arts, Jewish texts and history, modern languages, leadership, athletics, and the humanities -- as well as their relationship to today's global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||93 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: 6-12 | 342 students
40 West 68th Street
New York, NY 10023
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
- New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 206 students
154 E 70th St
New York, NY 10021
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 374 students
85 Bennett Ave 93
New York, NY 10033
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.