- Episcopal day school embracing the tradition of acceptance of all religions provides a close, caring environment where all students are known and nurtured. Students are encouraged to be critical thinkers, and explore their unique giftedness.
- Terra Nova scores are consistently in the top 10% of national rankings. This purposefully small school allows each child to build lasting relationships with their peers, teachers and administration. Families are highly visible in the school day experience and contribute their talents to enrich the learning experiences of our students.
- Highly qualified, licensed teachers implement a rigorous curriculum, using differentiated teaching strategies.
- Mandarin Chinese is taught in Prekindergarten 3, Prekindergarten 4, Kindergarten, and First Grade.
- French is taught in Grades two through five. Spanish is offered in our after school enrichment program.
- St. Andrew`s offers the latest technology with 20 Mac computers in our computer lab, 4 laptop carts with over 75 Mac Book Pro computers for classroom use, and 12 Promethean interactive white boards in each grade level classroom as well as the computer lab.
- The school prides itself on using technology and foreign languages to create global learners of all our students. The school has a close working relationship with the church and participates in several church sponsored programs. Bus service is provided within a 15 mile radius. Additional Fee for this service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,225|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive. Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristi T. Elliott|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Baking & Food Decorating, Chess, Comic Design/Illustrator, Computer Coding, French Club, Impromptu, Karate, Kung Fu, Music, Robotics, Spanish, Speed Stacking Art, Chess, French Club, Impromptu, Karate, Kung Fu, Music, Robotics, Spanish, Speed Stacking, Baking & Food Decorating,
- For over sixty-five years, St. Andrew`s Episcopal School has been providing its students with a rigorous academic education complimented by authentic spiritual and moral development through our daily chapel. From pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, St. Andrew`s students are taught by caring, enthusiastic teachers who endeavor to have each child meet with success. St. Andrew`s students leave our school fully prepared for the next level of education, equipped to leave their mark on their future communities. While you can get a sense of how special our school is by perusing our website, visiting our school will allow you to see firsthand the unique nature of a small school devoted entirely to elementary education!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Newport NewsGrades: PK-8 | 177 students
6812 River Road
Newport News, VA 23607
Newport NewsGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
13010 Mitchell Point Road
Newport News, VA 23602
HamptonGrades: NS-7 | 426 students
250 Fox Hill Rd
Hampton, VA 23669
YorktownGrades: PK-12 | 208 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
NorfolkGrades: K-12 | 705 students
7336 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23505
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.