St Barnabas Elementary School
Tel: (718) 324-1088
- St. Barnabas Elementary School provides a quality Catholic education for young boys and girls that fosters moral, social and academic development and achievement.
- By creating a comfortable and safe, yet challenging learning environment, we allow all children to realize their full potential – while also encouraging students to reach beyond expectations.
- Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success.
- In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||C & E Lockbox Services Beginning July 1, 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School will be utilizing the services of C & E Lockbox as our tuition management company. The many benefits from their services includes: -Monthly automatic debits from your check|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club and more, Computer Club, Creative Writing, Debate Club, Guitar, Investment Club, Many after school activities are available for our students to enjoy and participate in., Music Recording, Sports Club|
- Starting in September 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School came the new direction and leadership of Sr. Joan Faraone (Principal) and Mr. Greg Viceroy (Site Administrator). Building on an already outstanding tradition, the change has brought an exciting and vibrant atmosphere to the school, located right off McLean Ave on the border of the Bronx & Yonkers. St. Barnabas has once again become "the" school to attend, as the future looks incredibly bright and strong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 324-2188 2 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-8884 1.8 NS-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 349 students
3981 Bronxwood Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 547-9918 1.2 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 437 students
4300 Baychester Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 994-4650 1.1 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.