St Barnabas Elementary School
- St. Barnabas Elementary School provides a quality Catholic education for young boys and girls that fosters moral, social and academic development and achievement.
- By creating a comfortable and safe, yet challenging learning environment, we allow all children to realize their full potential – while also encouraging students to reach beyond expectations.
- Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success.
- In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||C & E Lockbox Services Beginning July 1, 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School will be utilizing the services of C & E Lockbox as our tuition management company. The many benefits from their services includes: -Monthly automatic debits from your check|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club and more, Computer Club, Creative Writing, Debate Club, Guitar, Investment Club, Many after school activities are available for our students to enjoy and participate in., Music Recording, Sports Club|
- Starting in September 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School came the new direction and leadership of Sr. Joan Faraone (Principal) and Mr. Greg Viceroy (Site Administrator). Building on an already outstanding tradition, the change has brought an exciting and vibrant atmosphere to the school, located right off McLean Ave on the border of the Bronx & Yonkers. St. Barnabas has once again become "the" school to attend, as the future looks incredibly bright and strong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)324-2188 2 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-8884 1.8 NS-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 349 students
3981 Bronxwood Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)547-9918 1.2 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 364 students
4300 Baychester Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
(718)994-4650 1.1 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.