St. Casimir School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Sisters of the Resurrection established the Regional School at Saint Casimir.
- Its mission was, and is still today, to serve the children of the community.
- We strive to build the city of God by providing prayerful experiences, modeling Christian values, and fostering a caring family atmosphere.
- We believe that every child deserves a quality, Christ-centered education where each student is taught respect and Catholic-Christian responsibility while being given a quality education for success in this ever-changing world.
- We seek to assist in the spiritual, academic, social, and physical development of each student through a program and environment that is marked by Christian values.
- We offer knowledge of the Catholic Church, an experience of Christian community, and an opportunity to develop skills for promoting a just and peace-filled society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||242 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Boy Scouts, Choir, Girl Scouts, Newspaper|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yonkers Grades: PK-12 | 52 students
170 Hudson Terrace
Yonkers, NY 10701
(914)968-7047 1.2 PK-12
- Yonkers Grades: PK-8 | 328 students
1395 Nepperhan Ave
Yonkers, NY 10703
(914)476-8489 2.7 PK-8
- Yonkers Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
29 Chestnut St
Yonkers, NY 10701
(914)423-7369 0.1 PK-8
- Yonkers Grades: K-9 | 167 students
278 Saw Mill River Rd
Yonkers, NY 10701 0.9 K-9
My child attends St. Casimir. The academics are pretty demanding and challenging. They have a positive school environment and the staff is serious and care about the children. They know each child by name for the most part. My only complaint is that they require parents to pay for everything, (excessive for parents in this economy and single parents like myself). It gets really hard sometimes (most times) and its a major sacrifice. I feel like the Archdiocese need to consider giving discounts to single parents and not just parishoners of the church. Many of them go for the discount and not to worship. Trust me I''ve had conversations.... Overall a good school! :-)
- Posted by Parent - nice2
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.