- St. Dorothy School is a distinctively faith-based, relationship-centered educational community, known for its challenging, engaging curriculum and quality of graduates who have distinguished themselves at the secondary, post-secondary, and professional career levels.
- Integral to St. Dorothy's success and distinction is its ongoing partnership and clear expression of family and parish and its deeply rooted Catholic identity and Christian formation of students grades pre-k through eight.
- St. Dorothy School mission is to promote academic excellence, to inspire its students to be lifelong learners and to possess the skills to compete in a global society.
- We teach Catholic/Christian values and partner with families to create a spirit of stewardship and service.
- From its beginning, St. Dorothy's has been a school known for its academic excellence.
- Enthusiastic, qualified teachers challenge learners to be creative and critical thinkers.
- Grounded well in the basics of education, students are equipped to attain a high degree of performance in high school and college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||236 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 248 students
4770 S Dorchester Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
7801 S Throop St
Chicago, IL 60620
ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 217 students
5467 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
ChicagoGrades: PK-K | 28 students
8128 S M L King Drive
Chicago, IL 60619
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.