St Edward School
- St. Edward School is a Catholic elementary school in Rockford, Illinois.
- It exists for the purpose of educating and encouraging students to be self-motivated learners who acknowledge the importance of intellectual growth as well as the necessity of becoming the best persons they can be, maximizing the gifts and talents God has given them.
- St. Edward School, a Catholic School in the Rockford Diocese, shall admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to and available to students at the school.
- St. Edward School will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- The mission of St. Edward School is to build a Catholic community of caring, committed students, serving God, Church, and one another.
- The philosophy of St. Edward School is to develop personal faith by following the example of Jesus Christ.
- St. Edward School believes in providing values and moral training for life, as well as educating the students by meeting their individual needs and developing an appreciation for all of God's children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.