St. Elizabeth School Inc
By maximizing each student's unique abilities, we enhance the quality of life for elementary, middle, and high school students with cognitive and other disabilities.
St. Elizabeth School graduates students who are successful at home, in the workforce, and in the community.
- St. Elizabeth School (SES) is a nonpublic, special education school located in Baltimore City.
- We work with students with disabilities in Central Maryland, ages 6 to 21, grades 1 to 12, in our Elementary, Middle, and High School programs.
- St. Elizabeth School helps students with special needs go the distance.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual Disability, Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorders, Traumatic Brain Injury, Emotional Disabilities, & Multiple Disabilities (orthopedic, speech or language, or other health impairments including ADD, ADHD, and Specific Learning Disabilities).|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Professional Dress Code -- see Student Handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition paid by referring local school system. Private pay accepted.|
|Admissions Director||Judy Malin|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Kayaking, Nordic Skiing, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing,
Nordic Skiing, Sailing,
Track and Field, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Therapy Groups, Intramural Sports, Movement Group (Occupational Therapy), Running Club, Special Olympics, Student Council, Student Newspape|
- St. Elizabeth School graduates students who are successful at home, in the workforce, and in the community. By maximizing each student's unique abilities, we enhance the quality of life for elementary, middle, and high school students with cognitive and other disabilities. Our program focuses on the realization of personal potential by integrating academic growth, social/emotional development, functional life skills, and vocational training. We create a community environment that fosters a sense of belonging. Please visit our website for more information about our school programs. Please note that St. Elizabeth School exclusively serves students with special needs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ParkvilleGrades: 7-12 | 22 students
1605 Cromwell Bridge Rd
Parkville, MD 21234
- Owings MillsGrades: 1-12 | 109 students
11251 Dolfield Blvd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
- HanoverGrades: NS-12 | 193 students
1321 Mercedes Drive, Suites Q-S
Hanover, MD 21076
- BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 320 students
901 Aisquith Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- BaltimoreGrades: 1-12
2220 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.