- As a Catholic community, which believes in God's love for each individual, we consider it our primary goal to bring to each student at St. Francis of Assisi School a sense of belonging to God's family.
- Like our Patron Saint, we hope to instill in each unique child self respect, love for learning and a sense of responsibility for oneself, for others, and for all creation.
- In a Catholic environment, we strive to teach our students to use their God-given gifts of knowledge and intelligence to expand their learning in all academic and religious areas and to grow to become responsible adults.
- By example and experience, we hope to foster a faith community of patience, trust, compassion and forgiveness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AstoriaGrades: NS-8 | 500 students
2846 44th St
Astoria, NY 11103
AstoriaGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
2163 29th St
Astoria, NY 11105
AstoriaGrades: PK-8 | 228 students
2315 Newtown Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
AstoriaGrades: NS-8 | 147 students
3120 21st Ave
Astoria, NY 11105
Long Island CityGrades: PK-12 | 573 students
3921 Crescent St
Long Island City, NY 11101
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.