- St. Francis of Assisi School, in collaboration with the Parish, is dedicated to providing a quality, faith-based Catholic education in a safe and nurturing environment for students in grades K-8.
- Our value-centered academic programs empower the students with the skills to be active Christians, life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- Every child deserves the opportunity to develop their intellect and God-given potential and talents to the fullest.
- Our mission is to guide each student toward the fulfillment of our spiritual and educational goals.
- We hope to enrich and deepen the gifts of faith and reason in each student by promoting love of God and neighbor, reverence for the sacred as well as knowledge of truth and academic skills, balanced self-esteem, self-discipline, respect for the human body and stewardship of the environment.
- As a Catholic school, we hope to influence students and families to be active in the areas of social and racial justice, freedom, responsibility, respect and peace.
- We will provide an environment which fosters a belief in the sacredness of God and of the human person as his creation living in a worldwide neighborhood.
- At St. Francis of Assisi, our goal is to create a learning environment that combines structure, creativity, service and enthusiasm for life-long learning of truth, honor, justice and excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
Both my daughters have attend SFA since kindergarten, and they have flourished both academically and socially. As a public school teacher, I appreciate SFA's education of the whole child: intellectual, spiritual, social, physical, and the arts. Under the leadership of Sister James, the school is loving, caring community providing support, discipline, and structure so that ALL children can succeed. Every one of my daughters'' teachers over the years have had nothing but the highest expectations for all their students'' achievement and performance which challenges all the children to do their best. All the resources every child needs to succeed are provided at SFA; no one is left out. The after school extended care program is a godsend, and very affordable. My daughters get most if not all of their homework done, plus have a great time playing with other SFA students of all ages. Compared to other private schools, SFA's tuition is very reasonable! Consequently, non-stop fundraising is the norm, but most of it is optional. However, parent participation is NOT optional, and as a result parents are involved in every aspect of the school operation, to the benefit of all the SFA community.
- Posted by Parent - iaeli
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.